Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Deb Knight still presenting tonight.

3 Likes

Yep, and TCN just ran a 9News promo for tonight’s news that was voiced by Peter and featured him on the end shot.

Why didn’t they just redo the promo today with Deb voicing it and having her on the end shot?
Shouldn’t be hard, as she is already there today.

6 Likes

With Deb Knight presenting the news still, Sophie Walsh presented Sydney’s weather tonight.

3 Likes

Amelia Adams presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

5 Likes

Jerrie Demasi presented 9 Live Perth yesterday & Alice Pooley presented at 6pm.

2 Likes

Friday (14.07.17): Deborah Knight continued to anchor Sydney’s 6pm News, the 8th consecutive night.

4 Likes

Nine’s really defining consistency here.

4 Likes

Deborah Knight presenting again in Sydney tonight! She’s amazing! Wish they would give her a break though… she’s presented Weekday Today news all this week too. Surely Jayne Azzopardi, Davina Smith or Amelia Adams could present this weekend?

9 Likes

You have to wonder why Peter and Georgie are both off at the same time.

4 Likes

Pete was on holidays this week, wasn’t he?

Otherwise, both presenters could’ve been filing Special Reports or filming promos.

2 Likes

My point is that you’d think they would plan for Peter to be off when Georgie isn’t and vice versa.

8 Likes

For the sake of their news presentation, it is always best for Sydney viewers if they know that when they watch the 6pm News they will get either Pete, Georgie or Deb. Even though I imagine both Pete and Georgie wanted time off for the school holidays, I agree with @lepatron that it should have been planned better.

However, I’m sure Deb wasn’t forced to do Today and work although the 6pm News. She likely volunteered to fill-in.

6 Likes

Deb’s stint on Sydney’s 6pm News finished tonight. Pete should be back tomorrow night.

4 Likes

Alison Ariotti is anchoring solo in Queensland tonight. Likely Darren is recording promos or doing set rehearsals for the new set, as a few weeks ago when Alison was off she posted:

[quote=", topic:148"]
Favourite weekend :camera_flash: … an unexpected day off meant I could join hubby …[/quote] Not sure what else that could mean.

1 Like

Was that the Saturday that Darren presented from Sydney?

1 Like

No, the first weekend of July.

1 Like

Deb is finally having a day off today after working 11 consecutive days, but back at work tomorrow most likely on Today again reading news until Lisa returns.

5 Likes

Yes Peter is back presenting in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Samantha Heathwood presenting in Queensland this evening. Alison is off because she is sick.

6 Likes

Funny, I watched a video of Alison presenting last night and thought she sounded better because she wasn’t screaming, but she was just sick! Sam is a stronger presenter than both Darren and Alison.

6 Likes