Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Mark Burrows is presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney’s Local Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Georgie Gardner has been on assignment for Today, explaining her absence last weekend from Sydney’s news.

She’s back tonight.

6 Likes

It seems Belinda Russell is still away with Sophie Walsh filling in for her again this week on Sydney News presenting the weather.

2 Likes

Darren Curtis is anchoring solo in Queensland this weekend.

2 Likes

Tim Davies presented Monday -Thursday Early News.

Amelia Adams presenting Monday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

It seems like Amelia’s primary role these days is to just fill-in for whoever’s away. But given that she has two kids, it’s understandable.

3 Likes

Melissa Downes is presenting solo in Queensland this week.

1 Like

I guess it’s also as Nine don’t have a role available for her just yet.

1 Like

Julie Snook presenting Sydney’s afternoon news. montage will be uploaded.

4 Likes

Pretty awkward throwing to the weather… Amber not even acknowledging Julie’s name like she does with other presenters.

7 Likes

Davina mentioned on Extra this morning that she was sick, so she probably went home early.

3 Likes

Mark Burrows presenting Wednesday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Sophie Walsh presenting Sydney Weather tonight. I don’t know if this follows Amber’s performance on Nine News Sydney at 4pm yesterday.

2 Likes

One of the desirable skills of a Nine News Brisbane reporter is to be able to walk and talk at the same time.

Some examples - all from tonight - you start to see the appeal of the bulletin - such entertaining viewing :joy:.

The best in their field can pirouette as well and get a top story!

Walking down stairs - well done

Pointing can be another useful skill especially when combined with walking.

A rare skill - paying for groceries AND receiving change while walking and reporting

Still in training - no special abilities:

Complete novice

Special mention - driving with one hand.

Of course if you can get those in the story to walk as well

And even wave (mind that first step!)

Some are just naturals

15 Likes

I wish The Chasers War on Everything was still around :frowning:

4 Likes

Don’t we all love creative reporter Pieces to Camera! :wink:

If that show was still running now, I’d imagine that the “What Have We Learned From Current Affairs This Week?” segment would be extended to include some of the ridiculousness from commercial TV network 6pm bulletins! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Arguably better than looking at a full frame extreme close up of someone’s face like you see on ABC every night. Looks like it is a student production.

I’m still trying to get to this level. It’ll be a while yet before I master it, and I need to also buy a helicopter to practice pointing at while walking, so I have some time.

Gotta remember to keep that index finger STRAIGHT!

1 Like

In my opinion, they should shelve Melissa Downs and Andrew Lofthouse for Donald Trump. It would get an easy ratings boost and Queenslanders won’t have to worry about the Aldi ads ‘Special Reports’ with Trump at the helm.

He’ll be sure to bring in some quality content, after all, nothing is worse than Aldi ads ‘Special Reports’ littering bulletins.

1 Like