Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

While it doesn’t happen very often, it’s always great to see these presenters together on Nine News Sydney! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Yesterday (22.6.2017)
Peter got jump scared by a car horn:

9 Likes

Saturday (24.06.17): Darren Curtis is anchoring Queensland’s bulletin solo from the Sydney studios, due to set construction.

1 Like

Has Belinda Russell been seen on any Nine News programmes since she left part way through the Sunday Sydney bulletin two weeks ago?

2 Likes

There’s been fill in presenters (Amelia Adams & Sophie Walsh respectively) on Belinda’s regular positions of Friday’s Nine News Now and Friday/Saturday Sydney weather for the past two weeks, so I’d probably say no.

4 Likes

Sophie Walsh presenting Monday Early News.

2 Likes

Monday (26.06.17): Amelia Adams is presenting the Morning News and Sydney’s local Afternoon News today.

2 Likes

With Deb Knight reading news on Today this morning.

4 Likes

Amelia Adams read the weather at around the 4.20pm weather check. Then Amber appeared at 4.55pm.

1 Like

Tim Davies presented Tuesday Early News.

2 Likes

Nine News won three awards at the Los Angeles Press Club’s 59th annual Southern California Journalism Awards. Phil Goyen won for Best News Feature: “Divided States of America.” Rachael Dyer was recognised in Social Media for “Behind the Scenes at the 88th Academy Awards” along with Darren Curtis, and Timothy Myers for the feature, “Ghost Cats of Los Angeles”.

2 Likes

Hmm just curious if anyone knows the answer to this. Obviously Robert Penfold is Nine’s US correspondent, but has he actually won many international awards for his journalism (if any)? Over on Seven it seems that Mike Amor wins something over there almost every year.

But then again, most crosses I see to Robert are in studio (or similar) whereas Mike appears most of the time out and about with the stories.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, they’re both great reporters of their networks, the best of their networks tbh.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong Robert Penfold definitely has the years of experience behind him and has decades of reporting experience both in Australia and overseas. But it just seems to me that a lot of his reports filed are done in studio, whereas Mike Amor does his reports on the ground.

1 Like

It might have something to do with the fact that there’s always someone on duty in the Seven LA Bureau because Seven has 3 correspondents (Amor, Mullany, Brace) vs Nine’s 2 correspondents (Penfold, Pearl).

1 Like

Possibly

Wednesday (28.06.17) - Thursday (29.06.17): Sophie Walsh is presenting the Early News.

3 Likes

And dare I say it Penfold is towards the end of his career. He probably enjoys doing a few crosses in the bureau and writing a quick package and returning home each night. You still do see him out for big stories though.

5 Likes

Really nice to see Ken Sutcliffe on TODAY this morning!

5 Likes

Airlie Walsh is presenting Friday Early News.

3 Likes