Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday (29.05.17) - Friday (02.06.17): Airlie Walsh is presenting the Early News.

1 Like

Almost seems like Airlie is the permanent presenter. I think she presented the past 3 weeks in a row!

1 Like

No problems there, I think she’s really developed as a newsreader.

Tuesday (30.05.17): Melissa Downes is holding the fort in Brisbane tonight as Andrew Lofthouse is live in Toowoomba covering the shooting of a gunmen.

Ten News Reporter Jayde Cotic joins Nine’s Gold Coast News as the new weeknight weather presenter.

[quote=“Tyson, post:1883, topic:148, full:true”]
No problems [if Airlie Walsh was appointed permanent Early News reader], I think she’s really developed as a newsreader.
[/quote] I disagree. Airlie is alright, but if Nine did appoint a permanent presenter of the Early News, there are a lot more developed up-coming talent than Walsh.

I would’ve personally chosen Belinda Russell or Vicky Jardim :stuck_out_tongue: .

In all seriousness, I prefer Tim Davies or Kate Creedon or Julie Snook (would love to see her back on the Early news).

1 Like

Well done to Jayde. For memory she may have worked at 9 a few years ago as a producer.

1 Like

Livinia Nixon was back presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.

3 Likes

Today was the last day for Nicole Rowles presenting the weather on Nine Gold Coast News, she is off to work on the Queensland Nine News Regional bulletins. As many have reported, Jayde Cotic will take her place as weather presenter starting June 12.

2 Likes

Nicole will be presenting Weather on the new regional bulletins.

3 Likes

Last night for Nicole - weather starts at 1:56

3 Likes

That’s interesting, she is not moving to the main Brisbane bulletin but to more regional bulletins. Was that her choice?

Technically, as far as I know, she was only a maternity relief for Courtney Zagel on the Gold Coast bulletin (not sure what’s happened to her) so to get a permanent weather position would be a promotion. But I am glad we did get a actual weather presenter for the regionals, considering the state-weekend bulletin, uses the beach reporter.

1 Like

As far as weather presenting is concerned, to go from merely filling in on a bulletin serving a population of around 600k to a permanent position on bulletins which will serve a combined population of at least 1 million would surely have to be considered as a promotion by any stretch of the definition?

1 Like

Georgie Gardner presenting in Sydney tonight

3 Likes

And if you get Overton withdrawals you can catch him in a beanie on 60 Minutes:

2 Likes

Georgie Gardner presenting again tonight in Sydney.

4 Likes

Peter Hitchener just presented a news update in Sydney relating to breaking news on the siege at Brighton in Melbourne.

There’ll be another update shortly.

1 Like

It lives on!!

7 Likes

Adelaide just received it just then. On a half hour delay of course lol

1 Like

2nd update with Hitch just aired.

Can’t help but think that background makes it look like he’s presenting from in front of a row of pokies at Crown.

1 Like