Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

My guess is that Nine Darwin will probably take the NSW “9 Live” bulletin since much of their other programming is tied in with Sydney eg. NRL Footy Show before the AFL one despite the latter code having the greatest appeal up there.

And I think Imparja North will then be taking the QLD afternoon bulletin and Imparja South taking the NSW one, as they each do with the 6pm bulletin.

2 Likes

Both 9 LIVE Sydney and Melbourne have been in the works for months now and were due to go to air in January. However, due to the great focus on the set changes, they were pushed back. It is expected that both bulletins will launch tomorrow arvo.

4 Likes

Any news on 9 Live Canberra? :grinning:

1 Like

What does LIVE stand for, anyways? I’m not familiar with that acronym.

2 Likes

I’ll bite.

Look, It’s Very Entertaining :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That it’s not dead?

Will be interesting to see the ratings out of Melbourne, senior anchor on 9 going up against a unknown newly appointed anchor on 7.

I assume Alicia is doing Mon-Wed?

@nationalnews slight correction Tony has been with Nine for 31 years and Brett for 17 years .
Tony has been Hitch’s fill in since June 2010 with Brett only used on weeknights when Tony is also away,and this normally only occurs over the two week Christmas /New Year period and Good Friday bulletin.
Personally l still believe Jo Hall deserves to succeed Hitch and she still wants the role.And despite not being a regular newsreader on Melbourne News since 2011, l believe viewers still know and love Jo who started her career at Nine Melbourne in 1979.
Ok being realistic Nine is making it obvious that Tony will eventually be. Hitch’ s successor,unless we see a change in the presenting line up in the coming years (and yes years Hitch is still healthy for his age and l believe he continue doing what he loves for as long as possible).

I would assume Alicia will read Melbourne Afternoon News Mon-Wed with Brett McLeod on Thurs and Fri,and if Brett is unavailable wouldn’t be surprised if we see Dougal Beatty on Afternoon News.

5 Likes

Agree on all your points @Salty. I personally believe that Jo Hall is the person (not Tony Jones, I’ll switch if I see him after Hitch retires) who is able to continue Nine’s dominance in Melbourne. In fact, I personally think that she is the female equivalent to Hitch, and it would be good to have a female lead presenter in Melbourne television.

All the speculation about Rebecca Maddern joining GTV-9 in the forseeable future is quite pointless for the timebeing. Maybe she might takeover Nine News Victoria if Jo takes over or anything? They would be quite silly not to use her in the newsroom, although there’s always the possibility of Seven luring her back in the future.

In the meantime, if Hitch ain’t broke, why try to fix it? IMO he’s one of the best presenters in the country and I’m certainly hoping that he continues to work for as long as he can.

4 Likes

Danielle Post presented Monday Early News.

1 Like

While everyone here on MS despises Tony presenting the news, would the average Melbournian really care? Ratings haven’t really shown any signs of decrease whenever Tony’s in the chair against Peter Mitchell, so maybe he won’t do as badly as people suggest?

Yeah, however i might also add that people don’t know when Peter is away… there is no roster made available to the public so people just turn on the TV and keep it on there regardless. We will just have to wait and see when the time comes

Deb just said on the morning news that we would be joining her for the afternoon news, although if Nine Live Melbourne goes ahead, the ‘afternoon news’ would be Sydney (and Darwin) only?

1 Like

Deb will probably be only seen in Sydney/Darwin/Canberra and other areas that have the Sydney feed. The EPG here in Canberra now says “Catch up with the latest news of the day from Sydney…”

1 Like

Deb always says that. Even though Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth get there local Nine Live at 4pm

This was probably to be expected, but Amber Sherlock is now presenting the weather on “Nine News Sydney at 4pm”!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Melbourne 4pm bulletin with Alicia Loxley and Clint Stanaway with sport and Livinia Nixon with the weather.

3 Likes

In citation with @mirb mentioned article, Alicia will continue to do weekend news:

4 Likes

Now she has 3 hours of air time! 3pm, 4pm & 6pm!

1 Like