Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Davina Smith anchoring Tuesday Morning & Afternoon News

As she does each week?

1 Like

Airlie Walsh presented Wednesday - Friday Early News.

@SEQTelevision Davina’s roster for Morning & Afternoon News is Tuesday - Thursday every week,she started this roster in January.

2 Likes

Can one of the regular Nine News viewers please tell me what Laurie Oaks’ role/title is these days?

Because I noticed on the Nine News website, an article had “Lauren Gianoli - Political Editor”.

I’m pretty sure that Laurie Oakes would still hold the most senior position in Nine’s Parliament House bureau and has been referred to on-air as a Political Editor in recent times.

Although I think they mainly save Laurie for the special event coverage these days (Budgets, Elections, etc.) as Lane Calcutt seems to do most day to day reporting for the 6pm bulletins. Reporters like Charles Croucher & Lauren Gianoli are mainly seen on the daytime bulletins, I think.

3 Likes

I believe his title is “Chief Political Correspondent”.

4 Likes

@SydneyCityTV You are correct Charles and Lauren are mainly on Morning News and Nine News Now and Afternoon News,also Joel Dry who is on Today and Today Extra and sometimes on daytime bulletins.

3 Likes

9 Live Adelaide with Alice Monfries:

1 Like

Erin Molan presented tonight’s Sydney Sport from a Cronulla Sharks 50th Anniversary dinner that was being held at Pyrmont:

Also, it seems that Georgie Gardner will be filling in for Peter Overton on Sunday night (and maybe the rest of the week too?) judging by the use of the GG endtag on a “Special Report” Promo for Sunday which aired during tonight’s bulletin.

2 Likes

That looks almost greenscreened.

1 Like

He is political editor. I have never heard him called the Chief Political Correspondent.

I’ve actually seen both titles attributed to him on various Nine News sites.

Peter Overton presented in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Kate Creedon presented Early News bulletins this week.

1 Like

Interesting comment from Jo here, which I believe still puts her as a strong contender to replace Hitch when he retires:

4 Likes

While Tony Jones looks set to replace Hitch, I think Jo is the perfect choice to succeed Hitch (after all, a veteran should succeed a veteran), and I think she is stronger than Rebecca Maddern and can retain a lead over Seven.

3 Likes

I agree. However, whether to have Bec or Jo, well I think it depends what characteristics Nine want in the anchor. If they want to continue with the ‘nice persona’ image than Jo would be suitable. Rebecca Maddern is more of a long term, ‘stronger’ anchor option but either will work well IMO. However, I simply believe Nine’s number 1 crown will be taken if Tony Jones or Brett McLeod succeed Hitch.

2 Likes

Yes, but I don’t believe Alicia is even being considered as a replacement as IIRC, she has only presented the weeknight bulletin once or twice in 5 years.

Personally I think Brett McLeod or Alicia Loxley would be the best choices for Nine News Melbourne in a post-Hitchener era. Tony Jones is a decent Sports presenter so he should stick to that IMO.

But in any case, I think we should be able to trust Nine News Melbourne to pick exactly the right successor for Peter Hitchener when the time comes.

1 Like

why do you try so damn hard to be so diplomatic with every post? :laughing:

2 Likes