Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

In contrast to Nine News Sydney which has been promoting the January 22 return of Peter Overton (which will probably the bulletin which launches the new set) since Tuesday, have there been any promos airing on Channel Nine in Melbourne for the return of their favourite 6pm newsreader? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SydneyCityTV yes promo airing for Peter but doesn’t have a return date.

EDIT- The promo during the week didn’t have a return date,but this weekend it does say Peter Hitchener returning Monday.

2 Likes

Saturday (07.01.17) - Sunday (08.01.17): Alison Ariotti is anchoring solo in Brisbane this weekend. Ebony Cavallaro presented the weather.

1 Like

ADELAIDE
Monday (02.01.17) - Friday (06.01.17): Brenton Ragless returned from holidays to anchor solo this week in addition to weather. Tom Rehn was on sport.

PERTH
Monday (02.01.17) - Friday (06.01.17): Louise Momber anchored with Paddy Sweeney on sport. Rebecca Johns presented the weather.
Saturday (07.01.17) - Sunday (08.01.17): Alice Pooley is anchoring solo with Nathan Currie on sport.

Peter Hitchener returns tomorrow.

1 Like

Have they been running their annual promos?

Deb Knight also presenting tonight in Sydney, Georgie maybe on holidays?

@Wade yes in Melbourne promo highlighting Peter’s return have been airing.

3 Likes

If GG is indeed on holidays with Deb presenting for a full week, it’ll be rather interesting to see who presents Nine News Sydney next Friday/Saturday night…

2 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi? Although I genuinely won’t be surprised if it was Ben Fordham…

3 Likes

Love Hitch. Great personality and bubbles with passion. Wouldn’t it be a sad day when he retires?

8 Likes

I think maybe Georgie is just away tonight, given that Pete’s return is a while off yet.

2 Likes

I think Amber Sherlock might’ve finished her holidays, since she’s presenting Sydney weather tonight.

Personally, I would not rule out the possibility of Georgie Gardner having a week or two off the bulletins before normality resumes later this month.

Haven’t we seen Deborah Knight present the news for a week or so before Peter Overton has returned from a break in the past?

Realistically, I would’ve thought that we’d see Nine promote Eva Millic to weekends if Melissa Downes was to quit?

As for what they’d do for a male co-presenter if Andrew Lofthouse were to ever leave, I really don’t know…

2 Likes

Yes, I think we have.

2 Likes

Yes - Georgie doesn’t usually do the entire summer coverage for Peter.

Deb will probably read weekdays and weekends until Peter returns on the 22nd, like she has done in previous years and like Brett McLeod has been doing for Melbourne,

5 Likes

Alice Pooley read Perth 6pm this weekend. Did a great job.

1 Like

Monday (9.01.17) - Friday (13.01.17): Casey Lawrence is presenting the Early News.

2 Likes

Deborah Knight is anchoring this week in Sydney at 6.

2 Likes

Busy week for Deb working on breakfast radio and Sydney news,l think Ben Fordham will be presenting Friday/Saturday .

2 Likes

Nine need to reinstate Eva as the weekend newsreader immediately. The current duo are an absolute train wreck.

3 Likes

Tom Steinfort presenting Monday Morning & Afternoon News,it will be interesting to see what presenting roster Davina works this week.She has been mainly reporting lately.

2 Likes