Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Roz Kelly is a great presenter. I think i saw her on Ten’s BBL coverage… Same could be said about Tory Murphy who is now part time at Sky News.

1 Like

Yes, she is Mel McLaughlin’s replacement.

There was an article a few weeks ago saying that she wanted to move back to Australia so who knows where she might pop up…

2 Likes

Hopefully back on Nine. Doubtful, but wishful thinking.

1 Like

Brett McLeod also presenting First At Five News and in Melbourne this weekend.

1 Like

Saturday (31.12.16) - Sunday (01.01.17): Alison Arriotti is anchoring solo in Brisbane this weekend. Tom Mitchell presented sport and Zara James was on weather.

Yvonne Sampson has left the Nine Network tonight. Her last sports bulletin in Sydney.

11 Likes

On Instagram:

4 Likes

I’m sure many people here will be glad to know that Georgie Gardner will be returning to present tonight’s first Nine News Sydney of 2017!

5 Likes

With Neil Breen on sport and Natalia Cooper weather.

2 Likes

Two out of three isn’t bad.

9 Likes

After working a busy week doing Early News and reading news on Today, and then weather and reporting in Sydney tonight Natalia will be looking forward to her holidays in a few weeks.
This time of the year with regular presenters on holidays those not on holidays are working extra hard.

1 Like

I love Georgie Gardner when she presents (she’s one of my favourite newsreaders in Australia), and I actually rate her a better presenter compared to Peter Overton, whom I rate the same as Chris Bath/Melissa Doyle/Deborah Knight/Natarsha Belling/Michael Usher and better than Mark Ferguson/Chris Reason/Sandra Sully/Hugh Riminton by a long mile. If Seven ever wanted someone who can lead their news service, they should do as much as they can to poach her to present Seven News.

4 Likes

Completely agree. I love Georgie and miss her on Today everyday :cry: . I think she is very similar to the late Ian Ross in her presenting style.

Who will be the new fill in weather presenter for Today now? If I recall correctly Natalia was the fill in for Stevie? I doubt he will be filling in for Natalia given it was his old role.

1 Like

@lepatron sure will be interesting to see who fills in for Natalia’s holidays ,only person l can think of is Julie Snook who still occasionally fills in on Weekend Today,but l suppose it would be highly unlikely they would take her out of sports department for a few weeks.
Maybe Melbourne weather presenter Justine Conway could be a possibility she has done weather on Weekend Today in the past a few times.

1 Like

Sophie Walsh could be another option. She did a good job on Nine News Sydney last week.

3 Likes

Aislin Kruikelis was also a fill in for Steve.

I really don’t get the disapproval of Belinda. She is absolutely fine in her role as weekend weather presenter. I don’t know I’d make her weeknight presenter if Amber was to leave, but I wouldn’t give that prominent role to Sophie Walsh either.

2 Likes

Georgie was with Seven News Sydney but was poached by Nine to be the weather presenter during Brian Henderson’s final year or so.

4 Likes

Gosh I remember Georgie Gardner reading the news on the Tony Martin / Mick Molloy Drive show on 2Day FM in the '90s. Loved her voice then but never really warmed to her presentation style on television. I’ve always preferred readers to exhibit a bit more of their personality, where appropriate. Georgie comes across as very straight laced whereas the likes of Chris Bath and Sandra Sully have a cheeky, naughty streak that pops up from time to time which is very endearing.

I know Ben Fordham has been bagged a lot in this thread during the past few days. Sure, his reading needs refinement but at least we get a sense of his personality through some of his quips. I probably have a soft spot for him because I enjoyed his audacious calls to Stan Zemanek’s radio show back in the day.

3 Likes