Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

MAJOR NEWS ALERT: The 2019 Sydney Royal Easter Showbag launch event will be held next Wednesday, March 13. As longtime media observers in this market (and probably even a few outside of it) should know by now, it’s that one held somewhere at the showgrounds a month or so prior to the big event each year where kids from the children’s hospitals are invited to road test the bags which are expected to be on sale for 12 days or unless stocks sell out prior.

The question I’m sure Media Spy will be wondering about for the next seven days: Will the Nine News Sydney tradition of Mike Dalton’s top notch investigative journalism on those showbags continue in 2019? :grinning:

Choose one

2 Likes

“North Sydney, 2020”

1 Like

Like the reference to Mike Dalton’s reporting (as much as I may enjoy it) as being “top notch investigative journalism”, of course I wasn’t being entirely serious with the use of “MAJOR NEWS ALERT” at the start of that post. :slight_smile:

Friday -

Mark Burrows is presenting Morning News with Davina Smith presenting Sydney Afternoon News.

1 Like

(8/3/2019) Jonathan Uptin and Luke Bradnam presented sport and weather respectively in Brisbane.

(9-10/3/2019) Dominique Loudon is presenting sport this weekend.

3 Likes

He was on reporting duties in the afternoon plus appeared on a love cross during the 6pm news

1 Like

Sunday 10 March-

Tonight was Alicia Loxley’s last night presenting weekends in Melbourne for a while with her heading off on maternity leave. Most likely Brett McLeod will be her replacement.

5 Likes

Sunday (10.03.2019): Garry Youngberry presented the weather again this Sunday. Dominque Loudon was on sport.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1104657647632957440

6 Likes

Monday -

Zara James presenting Early News.

1 Like

Monday -

Sophie Walsh is presenting Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Alicia is presenting Nine Afternoon News today live from Alexandra Gardens for Moomba.

2 Likes

I don’t think she ‘must’ or ‘must not’ go on maternity leave, she’ll go whenever the time is right.

Yesterday was probably her last weekend bulletin for a while, but not necessarily her last bulletin as such before ML.

She starts her maternity leave after today’s bulletin.

3 Likes

Presumably Brett McLeod will take over and Dougal/Carrie-Anne will do Thursday/Fridays.

1 Like

Tony Jones during the Afternoon News gave Alicia a funny farewell… she said maybe we can have a barbecue once the baby arrives :joy: and he didn’t attempt to kiss her…

2 Likes

Apologies, didn’t mean it like that.

1 Like

All good. I thought you probably meant what I meant anyway even though it didn’t sound that way.

Tuesday -

Brett McLeod presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne, he is probably now working Alicia’s roster from today.

4 Likes