Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Friday & Saturday-
Sophie Walsh presenting the weather in Sydney.

Friday & Saturday -
Deb Knight is back presenting in Sydney.

2 Likes

Friday (01.02.2019): Melissa Downes is live in Hermit Park, North Queensland, anchoring coverage on the floods for the Brisbane bulletin. Andrew Lofthouse is in studio solo.

2 Likes

Alicia Muling presented Saturday sport in Melbourne with Clint Stanaway back on Sunday.

2 Likes

Melissa Downes is anchoring North Queensland flood stories from Aplins Weir near Townsville tonight. She also presented a report speaking to local residents who are affected by the flooding.

Live crosses to reporters Emily Prain in Townsville, Jordan Bissell in Cairns and Paris Martin at Emergency Headquarters in Brisbane. Weather presenter Garry Youngberry has also been flown to Cloncurry - and filed a report from there speaking to locals.

Jonathan Uptin presenting the rest of the days news from the studio from about 6.12pm. He also presented the weather at the end of the bulletin. Michael Atkinson presented sport.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Sunday (03.02.2019): Melissa Downes was live in Townsville again tonight for extensive coverage on the local flooding with Garry Youngberry presenting the weather live from Cloncurry. Jonathan Uptin presented the rest of the Brisbane bulletin in studio.

2 Likes

Monday to Wednesday-

Alice Monfries presented Early News.

Mark Burrows presenting Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

(4/2/2019) Edward Godfrey is presenting Nine Live Adelaide this afternoon.

3 Likes

He also presented Saturday and Sunday’s 6pm bulletin.

1 Like

9 Live Perth will be back with Tracy Vo this afternoon

2 Likes

Monday (04.02.2019): Melissa Downes is live in Aplins Weir covering the local flood emergency. Andrew Lofthouse has the rest of the Brisbane news in studio.

3 Likes

One of my biggest gripes with reporters is when they insert unnecessary pauses when they’re talking, in particular when they insert a pause a few words before the end of their report (ie, instead of saying something like ‘and the man is waiting for his family to return home’ it gets changed to ‘and the man is waiting for his family (pause) to return home’ (generally with a downward inflection).

Some Ch7 reporters do it all the time and it’s really frustrating, however on Saturday I was listening to a simulcast of the Ch9 news and they were outdone by Julie Snook (I think that’s her name). I don’t know if she’d been told to stretch out her report but all the way through she inserted these ridiculous pauses, to the point that I all I noticed were these pauses rather than what she was saying. Perhaps it was more noticeable because I was listening to the news rather than watching it but (pause) she was awful…

Tuesday-
Nathan Currie presented sport on Afternoon News in Melbourne .

1 Like

Tuesday (05.02.2019): Melissa Downes is live in Aplins Weir and Garry Youngberry is live in the Whitsundays covering the floods for the Brisbane bulletin. Andrew Lofthouse is reading the rest of the day’s news in studio.

3 Likes

Wednesday (06.02.2018): Melissa Downes is anchoring the Brisbane bulletin live from Idalia with special coverage on the Townsville Floods. Garry Youngberry is live in Airlie Beach with the weather. Due to technical difficulties, Andrew Lofthouse is presenting the rest of the day’s news from the newsroom.

Jonathan Uptin did sport.

3 Likes

Shout out to Melissa Downes. She did a stellar performance leading the bulletin, under difficult circumstances. Her delivery was seamless, without an autocue. Definitely developed her skills under previous management.

3 Likes

Thursday & Friday-
Elizabeth Bryan presented Early News.

1 Like

Thursday (07.02.2019) - Friday (08.02.2019): Andrew Lofthouse is anchoring the Brisbane bulletin live from Townsville, covering the recovery from local flooding. Garry Youngberry os live in Ayr with the weather.

Melissa Downes is reading the rest of the day’s news in studio.

1 Like

Sunday (10.02.2019): Garry Youngberry presented Brisbane’s weather tonight.

1 Like

Monday-
Julie Snook is presenting Early News.

2 Likes