Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah, fair points I suppose.

Although I’d still argue that Jayne & Sophie have made themselves just a bit more familiar with Sydney 6pm news viewers in recent years than Allison, who has only returned to fill-in presenting over the past year or so.

I don’t think there is any doubt that Allison will return from maternity leave in April as Weekend Today co-host, Sydney Fri/Sat newsreader and weekday Today show fill in (and probably not do any 60 Minutes anymore).

For continuity reasons, Deb continues doing Fri/Sat nights until April so that they don’t have too many changes.

That’s my read on it.

3 Likes

Erin Molan was still doing sport with Belinda Russell on weather.

2 Likes

Tim is leaving Nine, which is a shame because he is one of the network’s most senior:

In fact, if he didn’t join Today, I think he would have the weekend sports gig in Sydney.

Maybe he didn’t want to be demoted.

Could they not just have redeployed him? Even if it was to Morning & Afternoon News Sports Presenter?

1 Like

Livinia Nixon is returning from holidays on Monday, she will be presenting the weather in Melbourne from the Australian Open.

4 Likes

Brett McLeod is presenting in Melbourne this weekend with Alicia Muling presenting sport and Madeline Slattery is presenting weather.

2 Likes

Allison Langdon is anchoring in Sydney again tonight with Erin Molan on sport. Sophie Walsh is presenting Saturday weather.

4 Likes

…and while were still on the subject of Nine News Sydney, I believe it’s ten years today since Peter Overton officially became the lead presenter of the 6pm bulletin.

Just a pity the milestone hasn’t really been acknowledged on-air (unless I’ve missed something, which is quite possible) because I think loyal Nine News Sydney viewers would really appreciate that! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Saturday (12.01.2019) - Sunday (13.01.2019): Samantha Heathwood is presenting in Brisbane again this weekend. Ebony Cavallaro is presenting the weather.

1 Like

Cameron Williams is presenting Sydney Sport from Melbourne Park tonight…and presumably for the next two weeks.

2 Likes

Sunday -
Madeline Slattery presenting Melbourne’s weather tonight from Melbourne Park.

12 & 13/01/2019
Louise Momber is presenting in Perth this weekend.

4 Likes

Funny that she hasn’t presented the weekend bulletin since before her maternity leave a year ago.

1 Like

Sorry, what’s funny?

Like that i find out strange

Monday -

Elizabeth Bryan is presenting Early News.

1 Like

Jeffreys’ has updated her twitter bio… from Today show to Nine.

Has the URL always been 9news.com.au on her profile? Could be a hint of what her next primetime move is…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure she updated it when she was updating everyone on Twitter during the MH17 today show coverage. As if you go back to her tweets from that date she was tweeting 9News.com.au heaps… Edit… my mistake… only once but did keep people updated.