Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I think thats a fantastic idea, as with all V/O’s they become a bit outdated so this would be something fresh.

If they decide to update the theme, graphics etc, I think it would be great to remove his V/O where ever they are used now as its a bit limited. Especially the QLD one which sounds just a bit unprofessional since there is no presenter names.

2 Likes

I probably should’ve gotten to this earlier but Mark Burrows presenting on Sunday-Thursday for at least a couple of weeks is almost a certainty with Deborah Knight expected to do a stint of filling in on 2GB afternoons, isn’t it?

Presuming that’s the case, I hope we’ll get to see Jayne present Nine News Sydney bulletins on Friday/Saturday nights for at least a couple of weeks before normality returns in the weeks leading up to the start of the 2019 ratings season! :slight_smile:

Deborah’s already doing 2GB afternoons though.

1 Like

Who did sport in Sydney tonight?

Rob Canning.

2 Likes

Not the best idea. Nothing against Hendo but his voice just doesn’t have that sense of authority in his voice anymore. His voice has been iconic for 40+ years but it isn’t really as strong as it was today. If Hendo was to somehow do a V/O for Nine News, the V/O probably won’t sound as good as one wishes.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I entirely agreed with the idea of having Rob present Sydney sport while Cam (as the segment’s main presenter) was presenting A Current Affair, although I’d certainly prefer to see Rob Canning chosen as the presenter over Tim Gilbert or Neil Breen any day of the week.

Fair point I suppose (admittedly it may have been a better idea 5-10 years ago), but for someone who at the time was 86 he sounded OK in last year’s promos.

3 Likes

Just as Hitch does the presenter V/Os for the Melbourne presenters when he is absent, Overton should be doing them for the Sydney bulletin.

3 Likes

Brett McLeod presenting First at Five News and Melbourne News again this weekend.

1 Like

Jayne Azzopardi presenting Sydney’s 6PM news tonight.

4 Likes

So looks like Sylvia Jeffreys new gig will be weekend newsreader in Sydney!

1 Like

That would be great!

Alicia Muling presenting sport in Melbourne again this weekend.

2 Likes

Good to see Jayne Azzopardi presenting Nine News Sydney for a second night. Surely a vast majority of people on Media Spy have to agree that she’s way better than the reader Seven News Sydney has on tonight?!

Really? I would’ve thought that Nine News Sydney would want to distant themselves from the drama that has been Today over the past 12-18 months.

Putting aside my well known personal opinions about his presenting style, Mark Burrows would surely have to be the leading contender? Mind you, it does have to be said that I’d personally be quite happy if Jayne became Sydney’s new 3rd in-line presenter (even if IMO, it should’ve happened last year)! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Friday & Saturday -

Rob Canning presenting sport in Sydney.

Saturday -

Sophie Walsh presenting weather in Sydney again tonight.

2 Likes

Yikes, no thanks. Deer in the headlights with zero authority. Jayne or Davina Smith are better options.

5 Likes

They’re seriously risking the stability of news ratings with all this chopping and changing of weekend news presenters. Appointing Sylvia Jeffries would be a huge mistake. She just isn’t well known enough and people who do know her associate the Stefanovic scandals with her. Time to get serious and groom someone suitable to take over from Overton should the need arise. I’ll be watching Usher on Seven if Jeffries or Karl is reading Friday / Saturday.

5 Likes

They would be crazy if they gave Karl the weekend news. Surely it won’t happen.

1 Like

Saturday (05.01.2019) - Sunday (06.01.2018): Samantha Heathwood is presenting in Brisbane this weekend. Dominique Loudon is presenting sport and Ebony Cavallaro on weather.

1 Like

…and Rob Canning again presented Sydney sport tonight, just incase anyone was wondering about that! :slight_smile:

I agree.

Hard to believe that about 2-3 years ago, we were talking about how instable Seven News Sydney were with their weekend presenters compared to the stability at Nine. That shoe is well and truly on the other foot now!

When we were seeing her do fill-in presenting on national news bulletins and weather while Amber was on maternity leave in Early 2014, I probably would’ve made comments about Sylvia Jefferies having the potential to be great future talent for Nine News Sydney at that time. But now, I agree that she’s (unfortunately) probably far too associated with Today and their recent Stefanovic scandals.

The more I think about it, I wonder if having Mark Burrows as Nine News Sydney’s 2nd in-line presenter and Jayne as the 3rd in-line makes quite a lot of sense from a strategic/future planning point of view? That way, Mark Burrows can have a regular presenting position for a number of years before retirement while Jayne Azzopardi uses the 3rd in-line presenting role as an opportunity for Sydneysiders to become more familiar with her as a newsreader before eventually becoming the main Friday/Saturday & Peter Overton fill-in newsreader in the post-Burrows era.

I’d probably even go as far as saying that Jayne might even be young enough to become the main presenter of Nine News Sydney after Peter Overton retires, but that’s looking a bit too far into the future!

Others will no doubt be different, but I’m definitely going to be an Usher watcher if Mark Burrows becomes the new Friday/Saturday newsreader on Nine Sydney!