Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Justine Conway returned from maternity leave on Monday and is presenting weather in Melbourne this week.

1 Like

And did a great job in terrible conditions tonight atop a building with terrible wind.

1 Like

Thursday (03.01.2019): Deborah Knight anchored in Sydney with Belinda Russell on weather. Tim Gilbert presented sport.

2 Likes

Not sure about everyone else but personally, I thought he looked somewhat Ray Hadley-esque in the suit he was wearing while presenting the first preview:

1 Like

And is that a bad thing in your opinion?

I’m far from a fan of Ray Hadley, but certainly for reasons other than the way he dresses I can assure you of that!

As for Tim Gilbert, he’s a better presenter than Neil Breen but still quite average in my opinion. Others may disagree but personally I’d prefer to see Danika Mason presenting Sport on Nine News Sydney whenever Cam & Erin are unavailable.

2 Likes

I find Danika’s pronunciation of some words to be strange, she seems to add a “em” or something to some words and it sounds slightly off-putting.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Neil Breen’s reporting or reading style. I don’t get the dislike for the guy. He consistently breaks big sports stories alongside of Danny Weidler.

Friday -

Vanessa O’Hanlon is presenting Morning News.

1 Like

Long awaited but here is a montage from Sunday:

N.B: I couldn’t help myself but to mock in a Peter Harvey V/O that used to be used for Wendy in Sydney, courtesy of @Zampakid

4 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi presenting in Sydney tonight.

@SydneyCityTV Happy? :wink:

4 Likes

Yes. Good to see Jayne finally given the opportunity to present Nine News Sydney, over 22 months since we last saw her present a 6pm bulletin!

I still think TCN need to use her presenting skills more often in 2019 if they want to prevent Jayne from potentially becoming another Sarah Harris (ie, a rival network’s star) at some point in the future though.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Friday -

Sophie Walsh is presenting weather in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

The intro to the Sydney 6pm news tonight with Jayne Azzopardi had a different voiceover (ie. not Peter Harvey) “This is Nine News with Jayne Azzopardi”. They used to just have the Peter Harvey one cut to just “This is Nine News” with no mention of a presenter when there wasn’t one done for that presenter.

Is this a sign that the Peter Harvey intros have come to an end?

1 Like

Never will happen in Sydney… unless there was a massive rebrand. Ben Fordham used to have the national VO when he filled in in 2016.

FYI, QLD uses a Peter Harvey VO saying " This is Nine News Queensland." The GC has one too.

I’m happy. Maybe @SydneyCityTV banging on constantly worked!

2 Likes

Don’t get too excited everyone. Maybe they will let Deborah have a week off and Mark will present all next week! :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks @SydneyCityTV :joy:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t see the appeal in Jayne Azzopardi. She isn’t a terrible newsreader/presenter as such, but I don’t think she is as good as what she is made out to be. Her bad habit of smiling while reading the news is something that actually annoys me. It doesn’t come across as professional.

2 Likes

Agreed. I can’t get past the smiling.

2 Likes

I daresay the voiceover track used for Jayne tonight was the one recorded by Matthew O’Sullivan which has been used for Nine News Openers whenever Jayne has presented national bulletins in the past (thinking back to 2015/16).

If I’m not mistaken, we’re now at the point that the only Peter Harvey voiceover tracks which can really be used anymore are the ones for Peter Overton, Deborah Knight and maybe a generic “This is Nine News” announcement.

When it’s decided that Harves’ VOs should be phased out for good, I think it would be great to see Nine News Sydney approach Brian Henderson to do the “This is Nine News, with [PRESENTER]” for the 6pm bulletins - the fact he did those promos last year is obviously a sign that Hendo is (or at least was recently) still in good terms with the network. But if Hendo VOs aren’t an option, Matthew O’Sullivan would be fine.

Jayne & Sophie presenting a bulletin together…now that’s pretty good! :smiley:

3 Likes