Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Scrap that, more likely to be Belinda Russell now as she’s presenting weather this week. Sophie was just doing last night.

Also regarding Vanessa O’Hanlon, I think she is quite good. Is she also doing the regional news?

1 Like

I don’t see the regionals but from what I saw today, Vanessa has improved immensely at news reading from when she last did the early news.

Maybe Vanessa? Or Alice Monfries. I think it will be Mark though.

4 Likes

I don’t know if dislike is the right word to describe Media Spy’s opinion of Vanessa O’Hanlon. I think Media Spy was more disappointed that she was chosen to lead the Southern NSW/ACT regional bulletins over the more familiar (especially to the key Illawarra & Canberra sub-markets) Danielle Post.

Nine had the right idea for regional Queensland by bringing in Samantha Heathwood, Paul Taylor and Paul Murphy - all three who would’ve been (somewhat) familiar to the market via their history at WIN News.

Surely Nine would let all three 2nd in-line presenters take Christmas Day off?

1 Like

Monday 24 December -

Brett McLeod is presenting in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes

That’s your personal opinion.

Personally I think Vanessa is an OK newsreader but in choosing a lead presenter for the Southern NSW/ACT editions, I would’ve gone for a presenter who’s more familiar to the market. As I said above, the Regional QLD and to a lesser extent, the Victorian editions had the right idea.

That’s a bit harsh.

Personally I’ll give Nine News (and all news services) praise whenever I feel it’s warranted, but surely it’s also fair to point out the elements which can and should be improved on?

It’s to my understanding that Danielle Post was the main presenter of WIN News Canberra between 2010-13 and prior to that, was a reporter and maybe an occasional fill-in presenter for the Illawarra edition.

Now if I know that as a predominately Sydney-based media follower, then surely the name Danielle Post wouldn’t be one that’s completely unknown to Canberra/Illawarra residents?

You always seem to have an axe to grind, don’t you. Just because @SydneyCityTV has an opinion that you don’t agree with, doesn’t mean that he is in the wrong.

Also, speaking as someone who lives in a Nine News Regional viewing area, I very much doubt that the average person you speak to on the street would know who Vanessa O’Hanlon is. Terrestrial TV isn’t even the main way of consuming the news anymore. In fact, I would say that most people wouldn’t know who the newsreader of a second-rate news service is.

3 Likes

If you’re trying to threaten or scare me… Please don’t. I was clearly expressing a valid opinion from @SouthCoastTV … you can’t tell me what I’m thinking from liking a post. + I think i’m aloud to have an opinion. I wouldn’t be cutting any ties with anyone.

4 Likes

@SEQTelevision has done nothing wrong by liking a post… Don’t try to intimidate any of the kids here with your so called friendly career advice because you work in the industry.

5 Likes

He is also presenting live from Carols by Candlelight

4 Likes

Tonight

Good weather forecast for tomorrow

3 Likes

Monday (24.12.2018): Deborah Knight is anchoring in Sydney tonight with Belinda Russell on weather. Rob Canning presented sport.

3 Likes

Monday (24.12.2018): Andrew Lofthouse is anchoring solo in Brisbane tonight. Michael Atkinson presented sport with Nicole Rowles on the weather.

2 Likes

We all appreciate inside information and understand the risk taken by sharing it here, but if it’s just going to be a pissing contest then what’s the point? You’re not the authority on ideas, speculation and criticism by members here. We are a fan group of Australian media. You seem to be having a hard time getting used to that.

11 Likes

it’s clear now you’re a graphics input person at Nine News - the spelling mistakes give it away :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Christmas Day -

Sophie Walsh is presenting in Sydney.

with Danika Mason presenting sport.
Sophie also read the weather forecast.

Dougal Beatty is presenting in Melbourne

with Alicia Muling presenting sport and Madeline Slattery presenting weather.

6 Likes

Tuesday (25.12.2018): Adam Hegarty is presenting in Brisbane tonight. Michael Atkinson presented sport with Nicole Rowles on the weather.

Great choice. Looks like they like to give (force) someone different the opportunity every year.

5 Likes

Sophie’s presenting has improved dramatically since her move from Brisbane… I guess she doesn’t have to scream down the autocue as that seems to be the trend at QTQ.

5 Likes

Will McDonald presenting in Adelaide

1 Like

Now @SydneyCityTV will be happy.

2 Likes

I thought she was quite good tonight.

Though I would have been equally happy to see Mark Burrows present too. Just glad Nine didn’t use Ben Fordham, who is associated more with ACA than Nine News.