Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

What was it about? Could have been in the file.

I suggested this about 6 months ago, long before he left Today.

I think Robert Penfold is still doing a fine job. With most of the overseas correspondents on commercial TV typically being fresh faced reporters, it’s good that Nine has some seniority in their US bureau.

Personally, I wouldn’t be overly thrilled if Karl Stefanovic was to become Nine’s chief reporter when Rob retires.

1 Like

Aislin Kriukelis is now on maternity leave.

1 Like

End of Brisbane bulletin tonight

6 Likes

Monday 24 December -

Lara Vella presenting Early News.

1 Like

Perth reporter Jacquelin Robson is reporting from Indonesia.

Vanessa O’Hanlen presenting Morning News.

3 Likes

4 Likes

It’s turned into a Nine regional double act with Mike Lorigan presenting sport!

3 Likes

If only Nine Morning News had a weather presenter. Gavin Morris could have joined them! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

With this programming note from 2GB/MRN in mind…

It’s seems quite likely that Mark Burrows will be presenting the Sunday-Thursday editions of Nine News Sydney for the first few weeks of January, before Peter Overton returns for 2019 on/around January 20.

As for Christmas Day, fingers crossed that Sydney’s 6pm news will have it’s first decent presenter of the December 25 bulletin since Amelia Adams in 2013!

1 Like

Didn’t think Amber Sherlock was too bad in 2014.

2 Likes

Lol SCTV has a large dislike for Amber so I wouldn’t suggest her!

Who did it in 15 16 and 17?

Yeah…I suppose we’ll give that one a “Pass” since it was pre-Jacketgate but personally I’m not a fan of hers anymore for obvious reasons!

On a completely different note, surely I can’t be the only one here who today has been thinking about Peter Harvey (RIP :cry:)? Hard to believe it’s now been six years since what would turn out to be his final “Santa’s Journey” reports for Today & Nine News Sydney went to air!

Even though Mike Dalton has been great fun in recent years and will no doubt do a terrific “Santa’s Journey” report for the children of Sydney on Nine News tonight (which of course I’ll make sure to tune in for), I still miss seeing Harves’ reports on TV at this time of year.

2015: Peter Stefanovic
2016: Ben Fordham
2017: Mark Burrows

Wendy Kingston presented Sydney’s Christmas Eve/Day bulletins in 2011, not sure about 2010 & 2012 but I’d guess that it might’ve been Alison Langdon (who presented on New Years Eve that year) and Sarah Harris respectively.

Personally I hope either Jayne Azzopardi (nearly 22 months since her last one, she’s probably due for another fill-in stint on a Sydney 6pm bulletin) or Sophie Walsh will get a go this year but I’m prepared to be disappointed.

1 Like

And that’s the closest we will see to regional news having a proper set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I think it will be either Mark Burrows or Sophie Walsh

2 Likes

From memory, I think Peter Harvey presented that bulletin.

Monday 24 December -

Vanessa O’Hanlon is presenting Afternoon News.

2 Likes

I don’t quite get some of the dislike for her in the Nine News regional thread.

I saw her during the 11:30am bulletin today and I thought she was quite reasonable.

5 Likes