Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I Remember watching her Hosting Saturday Disney and Now You See It on Seven, Had Some Glimpse of National Fame too.

Jo Hall took over Hitch’s weekly spot but she also gone on holidays this week.

1 Like

He could always take his wife’s name and become Peter Jeffrey’s? :man_shrugging:t3:

I was just scrolling through the Sydney Twitter feed, and story after story was reported by great journalists- Tim Davies, Tiffany Genders, Julie Snook, Chris O’Keefe, Alexis Daish, Damian Ryan, Kelly Fedor and Gabrielle Boyle.

Rather refreshing to what I see here in Queensland.

3 Likes

Again, the question must be asked: How come Nine seems to be able to produce (for the most part) really good news services for Sydney & Melbourne but aside from a few key presenters & reporters, gets it oh so wrong in Queensland? :confused:

A bit off topic but for the “good things to come out of the Nine/Fairfax merger” category, Chris O’Keefe appeared to join forces with Kate McClymont for The Sydney Morning Herald’s coverage of ICAC raiding the NSW Labor Party headquarters.

No complaints there, both are outstanding political journalists on the Macquarie Street round and personally I think it’d be great to see them collaborate more in the future.

1 Like

Im going to the filming of that next February.

Wednesday -

Davina Smith is back presenting Morning and Afternoon News today.

2 Likes

Personally, I would ship Karl over to the US Bureau and have him be Robert Penfold’s understudy until the latter retires. That way he is out of the eye of the gossip mags, reducing the amount of negative publicity, and he can do what he does best- reporting the news.

He is also a high-profile name that can get Nine interviews and win awards.

4 Likes

17 - 21/12/2018:
Michael Genovese is presenting in Perth this week.

4 Likes

I always thought that Genovese was an average anchor. But compare him to Thompson and he is suddenly so much better!

5 Likes

Sums up of the Brisbane newsroom at the moment; inexperienced.

7 Likes

Thursday (20.12.2018): Lara Vella presented the Early News yesterday.

4 Likes

The Daily Telegraph’s Chief Court Reporter Emma Partridge will be the new Senior Crime Editor (Taking up the position Simon Bouda left behind when he returned to ACA? Either way, thank goodness we aren’t loosing Kelly Fedor!) for Nine News Sydney in 2019:

A very classy (NOT!) response from her soon to be rival TV reporter…

1 Like

Friday -

Sophie Walsh is presenting on Nine News Now and weather on Sydney News tonight.

4 Likes

hahaha - that’s brilliant. They all get on great mate.

5 Likes

Friday -

Rob Canning presented sport on Afternoon News today.

Mark Burrows presenting in Sydney with Rob Canning presenting sport and Sophie Walsh presenting weather.

3 Likes

Friday (21.12.2018): Andrew Lofthouse is still anchoring solo in Brisbane. Aislin Kriukelis presented sport tonight with Ebony Cavallaro on weather.

3 Likes

Brett McLeod presenting First at Five News and Melbourne News this weekend.

2 Likes

With the changes happening to TODAY and with Deb Knight an option to join the show, could Karl Stefanovic be a potential option to do Sydney weekend news, keeps him busy, was always good at the serious news aspect of Today. Can still do 60 Minutes and This time next year as well.

1 Like

Considering all the media attention that surrounds him l couldn’t imagine Nine putting him in a high profile role on the Sydney bulletin,it would tarnish the bulletin in my opinion.
More work on 60 Minutes would be good for him next year.

2 Likes