Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I am certain they both dedicate the same amount of resources, just because they win in those markets doesn’t mean they have “more resources” the ratings win solely comes down to presenters, demographics and personal preferences.

Unless there’s something I’m missing here, don’t higher ratings usually result in more money from advertising revenue (Surely the #1 rating news service in a particular market would be charging more for ads than the #2 rating news service?) which can be re-invested into the on-air product?

If we’re following that logic, then Nine would win hands down as they top the demographics nationwide and would reel in the audience.

The disappointment is real.

3 Likes

Tony Jones is presenting news in Melbourne again this week.

Monday -
Corey Norris is presenting sport in Melbourne.

1 Like

Will McDonald presenting Nine News Adelaide tonight.

2 Likes

Andrew Lofthouse is presenting Nine News Queensland solo this week. Michael Atkinson is presenting sport and Sofie Formica is back for the weather.

3 Likes

They can probably get away with that on daytime bulletins, but not for prime time bulletins.

Interestingly, Sydney 6pm news didn’t air a Tiffiny Genders report for the Whitebridge (Lake Macquarie) home invasion death but they did air a report filed by Tiffiny on a 3 year old Central Coast girl accidentally locking herself in a hot car.

2 Likes

they try very hard not to have more than one report voiced by the same reporter unless absolutely necessary. They should have ran Tyson Cottrill’s local report from Newcastle (edited or re-voiced to cut the “localness” out) and Tiff doing the little girl in the car story if they wanted to do both.

Tyson has also done live reports on the Today Show in the past few months after bad storms lashed the area.

It would be gold if they did a cross to Dennis Driver up here on the MNC. He’s one of those gems that capital city viewers never get to see.

3 Likes

Tuesday -

Sophie Walsh presenting Morning and Afternoon News today.

1 Like

This would be an ENORMOUS loss to the Perth newsroom. Tracy is about the only talented one (maybe apart from Louise Momber) over at STW.

3 Likes

Re, Peter Stefanovic: Surely I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s comparable to a younger Mark Burrows? By that I refer to the fact that his reporting is decent, but his in-studio presenting has been less than impressive for the most part.

About three or four years ago I would’ve said that he had the potential to succeed another Stefanovic or even another Peter (if you know what I mean :wink:) in the future, but right now I’d be extremely surprised if either Seven or Ten would want to pick up his services with “Ubergate” still fresh in the memories of many.

Let’s be honest here: Tracy Vo was ripped off by Nine News Perth when they chose Michael Thompson over her as their main presenter of the 6pm bulletin after Tim & Emmy were shown the door!

:roll_eyes: Another Mark Burrows post from you.

The poor guy can’t catch a break. He really isn’t that bad.

1 Like

I’ve repeatedly said in the past that Mark Burrows’ reporting is decent, just not his presenting! Before you ask, I’m also reasonably confident that he’s a decent enough person off-camera.

The only reason I brought Mark up again is because I felt the need to compare someone with the main focus of that post, Peter Stefanovic.

Why do we need to compare Peter to anyone though?

I imagine he will be be swooped on, if not already signed a dotted line…

Really? It would surprise me to see him anywhere within the next year.

Surely the Stefanovic name is tainted now.

6 Likes

I didn’t realise that we weren’t allowed to compare the quality of reporters (or presenters) on this forum. My apologies!

Now there’s something I can agree with. If Seven or Ten want to poach talent for their news/current affairs department from Nine’s, there are many who deserve to be chosen ahead of either Stefanovic brother.

With the way things are going at the moment, I’d be extremely surprised if Karl was still on our screens in 2020.

With Peter Hitchener on holidays, Clint Stanaway has taken over the weekly guest spot on 3AW afternoons on Tuesdays.

2 Likes

Kevin Perry brings up a very valid point.

Can they really remove Karl before This Time Next Year has completed production?

He could be gone as soon as it’s aired?