Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Wednesday (12.12.2018) - Thursday (13.12.2018): Melissa Downes is anchoring solo in Brisbane. Sofie Formica is back presenting the weather.

1 Like

Livinia Nixon is back presenting weather in Melbourne next week.

3 Likes

Friday & Saturday -

Mark Burrows presenting in Sydney.

1 Like

Friday (14.12.2018): Melissa Downes is anchoring solo in Brisbane tonight.

Garry split his holidays, to return today to cover the cyclone.

1 Like

Tonight Dominique Loudon anchoring on the Gold Coast.

Edit: Also reading sport.

Weather:

5 Likes

Friday & Saturday -

Rob Canning is presenting sport in Sydney.

5 Likes

Not the best fit- she is a good sports presenter though.

Saturday (15.12.2018) - Sunday (16.12.2018): Aislin Kriukelis is anchoring in Brisbane this weekend. Dominque Loudon is on sport and Garry Youngberry is presenting the weather.

3 Likes

Deborah Knight continuing to pull the double shift this week by presenting Today and Nine News Sydney.

6 Likes

Sunday -

Erin Molan is presenting sport in Sydney, Cameron Williams has probably started his holidays.

3 Likes

Now I could be wrong on this, but one would imagine that Deborah Knight will take some much deserved time off after this week.

Then we’ll probably have the over Christmas presenters (fingers, toes and everything else crossed that Jayne will soon get to present her first Sydney 6pm bulletins on the current set!) and presumably, Mark Burrows presenting Sunday-Thursday bulletins with maybe another fill-in newsreader on Friday/Saturday until normality returns on/around January 20.

1 Like

Elizabeth Bryan presenting Early News this week.

Monday -
Mark Burrows is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News today.

4 Likes

Personally, I’ve liked Tiffiny Genders’ reporting ever since the days she was on Macquarie National News Sydney (AKA, 2GB News) so won’t be complaining about that.

This one? Given the distance between Sydney & Lake Macquarie (only about 1.5-2 hours, isn’t it?), I would’ve thought she & the crew would’ve drove up there rather than flown:
https://twitter.com/tiffgenders/status/1074418566168858624

Fair enough, don’t use regional reporters who’ve only just joined Nine. But if any of the bureaus have reporters who’ve been there for over a year and have done live crosses which weren’t a complete embarrassment, they’ve probably earned the opportunity to enjoy some statewide/national exposure for a major story.

If social media is anything to go by, Tyson Cottrill appears to be covering the story for NBN that TCN have sent Tiffiny Genders up North for. As someone with a decade of experience including stints at Nine and fill-in presenting on NBN News (from the bulletin I saw, he was arguably a better fill-in newsreader than some of the ones I’ve seen here in Sydney recently), I think Tyson probably would’ve done a more than adequate job at covering the story for a statewide/national audience if given the opportunity.

I think there are two other factors to consider as well as experience as @insider101 has suggested.

1. Familiarity: Tiffany is known to Sydney viewers, Tyson isn’t, and vice versa with NBN to a lesser degree

2. Angle: Tyson is more likely to cover it from a local angle, Tiffany from a Sydney / national perspective.

3 Likes

but it was fine, just bloody fine, for the Today Show to use NBN’s Samantha Long three weeks ago to report on the fires around Medowie and Newcastle Airport. It was ok to use NBN’s Kate Haberfield to do a report a few weeks ago, seen on Nine News Now and the Afternoon News.

Makes no sense.

3 Likes

Nine Melbourne getting Sydney’s Afternoon News?

I believe its a national bulletin for the next two weeks.

5 Likes

ah that would be why - I turned on the TV expecting to see Alicia Loxely and see Mark Burrows instead.

…and Danika Mason is presenting Sport.

It’ll be interesting to see if Seven continues airing local editions of the 4pm news during Summer outside of the cricket & Christmas Day. You’d think Nine News is the one with more resources, particularly in Sydney & Melbourne!

1 Like

I’ve always assumed both Seven and Nine had similar resources, why would you think nine has more?

1 Like