Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I agree Tony will take over from Hitch next week but he will probably have the week from Christmas to New Years off.

3 Likes

Monday -

Erin Molan presented sport in Sydney.

3 Likes

Tuesday (27.11.2018) - Thursday (29.11.2018): Andrew Lofthouse is anchoring the Brisbane bulletin live from Deepwater, Central QLD on the Bushfire Emergency. Melissa Downes is reading the rest of the day’s news in studio.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sam Squires presenting sport on the morning news. Glad to see TCN using her hopefully she’ll fill in over summer on Nine News Sydney.

7 Likes

Isn’t she only a recent arrival to Sydney?

You’d think other more familiar faces to Sydney viewers will get exposure on the Sydney 6pm news over summer ahead of her.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’d be picking Danika Mason before Sam Squires to be a fill-in Sports presenter here in Sydney over the Summer.

3 Likes

Standing presentation from Overton tonight for the first ten minutes of the bulletin.

Andrew Lofthouse appearing on the Sydney bulletin in a clumsy live cross from the Queensland fires.

1 Like

Wednesday -

Belinda Russell presented weather in Sydney.

1 Like
3 Likes

One would imagine that tonight will probably be Peter Overton’s final bulletin for 2018, with tomorrow night (which incidentally, will probably also mark 20 years since the first bulletin Hitch presented after succeeding Brian Naylor) likely to be Peter Hitchener’s last for the year?

If Lizzie Pearl is expected to return home as per @TheMoreYouKnow, would I be right by presuming there’ll be some room for her to return to Nine News Sydney? I get that Alice Monfries might return to Adelaide after Kate Creedon returns from maternity leave, but what about the gap Elise Baker has left behind - has that been filled yet?

While I’m still talking about Nine News Sydney reporters, I wonder how Chris O’Keefe has been going lately? Haven’t seen reports from him in a fair few weeks now. Hopefully COK hasn’t left Nine, because he’s just about one of the best journalists the Macquarie Street round has to offer!

2 Likes

Ross Greenwood sure loves a prop and whiz bang graphics to aid his presentation of dry finance reports:

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed the computer generated rain during Greenwood’s report last night.

Is Ross trying his best to compete with Mike Dalton or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: Oh and how can I forget, they travelled quite a distance for tonight’s PTC in the Porsche Boxter S as well! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Perhaps Today needs to start a regular segment featuring “Chanel 9” talent reading out their fan mail. I thought the armchair critics on this forum were tough.

08%20pm

12 Likes

Isn’t Chanel 9 a cologne?

1 Like

Well, at least we know two people who’ve (probably) put their name on the “Do Not Admit Entry” list at TCN Security!

At least Christine and Alan had the guts to send him a letter and put their name to it rather than the anonymous whining here and on social media.

5 Likes

Geez you don’t see Ross get as much stick for using an umbrella inside a studio!! It’s not even raining!! You need to dumb down your money segments Nine! I can’t seem to trust you when you wave an umbrella!

Mark Burrows is presenting tonight’s Sydney 6pm bulletin.

I’d presume that Peter Overton’s final bulletin for the year was last night (although sadly no on-air mentions if so) and that Deborah Knight will probably be filling in for a few weeks from Sunday.

2 Likes

Tonight is Peter Hitchener’s last night presenting in Melbourne for 2018 with Hitch heading off on a well deserved holiday.

4 Likes