Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Sam suits that set more more then that regional one. Fantastic anchor

1 Like

She has been doing filling in on radio for many years it was always going to lead to her being offered a permanent position eventually.She has mentioned many times over the years on her social media how much she loves working on radio plus not having to worry about hair and make-up.
It’s her personal choice not ours lots of people in the media work very long hours for financial gain.

1 Like

I didn’t say or imply otherwise. I’m thinking more along the lines of her burning the candle at both ends and several places in the middle, not criticising her or saying she should only do one thing at a time.

2 Likes

Alicia Loxley has been hosting coverage of Women’s Cricket on 9Gem.

3 Likes

Amber should have been on Friday night so that there were not so many unfamiliar faces.

She rated better than I thought; only about 45,000 behind Kay (no worse than Jono). While Sam is a good reader, I think Wendy Kingston should be bumped up to the main fill-in for weekends.

Jono is back tonight BTW.

2 Likes

Nine News GTV Melbourne Court Reporter - Alexis Daish will become the US correspondent for the Nine Network. According the her instagram this will be her last week at GTV.

7 Likes

Hmm. Sounds like either Charles Croucher or Lizzie Pearl coming back, or Robert Penfold is retiring (or maybe they just want a 4th correspondent).

6 Likes

Wonder if this could foreshadow 2GB moving in with TCN at North Sydney in 2020. Shouldn’t take up too much space and the radio studios could be used for recording podcasts as well.

1 Like

Just a thought bubble, but they might as well be trying something like the AM show on Three in NZ. Integrate TV and radio together, and have Deb host that along with someone like David Campbell. I’d like to see a network have a go at that kind of format, coupled with some excellent presenters.

Deb won’t be doing breakfast though, Ray Hadley will fill that slot for many, many years to come.

Would be a good concept if they ever launched a news channel.

Would it be appropriate to host a show like that on radio, where you heavily have to form and state opinions, and then read the news on TV.

I know Ben Fordham has done it on a fill in basis and Deb has as well, but has anyone done this on a permanent basis?

Obviously not Today but maybe rebrand Today Extra into something new and integrate that into a multi-platform program (if Deb was to do Mornings as rumoured and incorporate this into TV as well).

Monday -

Gemma Gunning is presenting Early News.

Sophie Walsh is presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Lizzie Pearl is coming back.

3 Likes

Madeline Slattery is presenting weather in Melbourne this week.

2 Likes

Clint Stanaway still presenting sport in Melbourne… odd how Tony Jones is not present despite presenting the coverage on Saturday night… Still on holiday then perhaps?

2 Likes

Peter Hitchener usually goes on holidays from the start of December. I expect Tony Jones will start filling in from next week (then will probably work right through to the Australian Open).

4 Likes

It might also be Peter Overton’s final week of newsreading for 2018 here in Sydney? He finished at the end of November last year, but has continued on into the 1st week of December in the past.

Either way, here’s hoping that Nine go all out with a big “Peter Overton/Hitchener: The newsreader Sydney/Melbourne has trusted for 10/20 years” promotional campaign to kick off 2019!

2 Likes

Where is Corey Norris?

With the Aus Open, that means that there is less of him anchoring Melbourne’s news and more of Alicia.

1 Like

Corey is currently on paternity leave, as his wife recently gave birth to twins.

2 Likes