Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Isn’t Mike about the same age as Peter Mitchell? I wouldn’t really consider him as a successor to neither Mitch or Hitch if he’s going to retire after just a few years.

Peter Mitchell is 58… he could potentially have another another 10 or 15 years before he retires. I believe Mike Amor is about 10 years younger?

Anyone except Tony Jones!

3 Likes

Tony Jones, Alicia Loxley, Brett McLeod and (dark horse) Tracy Grimshaw are all ahead of Mike Amor to replace Hitch.

I’d suggest Peter will sign-on again for another contract.

Although if Peter Hitchener does sign another contract, I highly doubt he’d be reading the news for another five years. It’d probably be more similar to the deal Ken Sutcliffe signed in 2016: Perhaps on-air for another year or so but aside from that, the odd bit of work for promotional/obituary report purposes to keep him away from other broadcasters (Seven in particular) so as to avoid another Ian Ross scenario happening.

3 Likes

They may downgrade his days from Monday-Wednesday only.

Tuesday -
Peter Overton is back presenting in Sydney tonight.

4 Likes

Jane Kennedy revealed on the Triple M Kennedy Molloy show yesterday that she turned down an offer from John Sorrell to present weather on National Nine News Melbourne during the late 1980s. This was probably around the time she was a reporter on the short lived, Jo Pearson hosted Body and Soul infotainment show.

2 Likes

Has Nine dispatched Chris O’Keefe to Bali to cover the Lawrence release?

He was hilarious during Nine’s coverage of Schapelle Corby’s release. I’m going to be devastated if that clown is missing from this circus. It won’t be the same without him.

Don’t think so, although in any case I’d personally prefer him to be covering NSW Politics in the lead-up to the March election!

1 Like

Clint Stanaway presenting sport in Melbourne again this week.

2 Likes

Friday- Mark Burrows is presenting Sydney’s 6pm news,
Sophie Walsh presenting weather

3 Likes

I’m guessing @SydneyCityTV won’t be watching this bulletin tonight. :joy:

9 Likes

And Rob Canning presenting sport.

3 Likes

Where on earth is everyone?

2 Likes

Taking the night off? Filming promos?

Deb was at the Walkleys in Brisbane last night. Is it possible that her flight was delayed or cancelled due to the bad weather in Sydney, causing her to miss tonight’s bulletin?

2 Likes

Apparently it’s Deb’s birthday today so she might’ve had a day off for that.

5 Likes

I still don’t think you could rule Jo out. A few years ago it was argued that she wouldn’t because she left weekends to spend more time with family but with the appointment of anchor of the Local News, rules that out. She seems like the natural (underdog) successor:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqhNwc7Fl7D/

Remember, last summer was the first time Alicia filled in for Pete; with Nine usually opting for Brett or Tony- there must have been a reason. In saying that, if Alicia moved to weeknights, there is no one competitive to go against Mike Amor on Seven.