Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

After his 70th birthday party celebration, Bruce Paige seems to be having this week off.

1 Like

Bruce is back, presenting solo tonight as usual on a Thursday.

4 Likes

Friday -
Sophie Walsh is presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Tonight was Jayde Coticā€™s last presenting weather for Nine Gold Coast News. She is heading to Melbourne.

4 Likes

We could see her filling in presenting the weather over summer in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Alicia Muling is presenting sport on First At Five News and in Melbourne again this weekend.

Saturday -
Neil Breen presented sport in Sydney.

2 Likes

Gemma Gunning presenting Early News this week.

Sophie Walsh presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

4 Likes

Monday -
Deb Knight is presenting in Sydney tonight.

4 Likes

Mark Burrows now reporting from Bali.

3 Likes

Penelope Liersch will be presenting Gold Coast weather from tonight (not necessarily permanent).

3 Likes

4 Likes

Darren Curtis made an appearance tonight.

1 Like

When does Peter Hitcheners contract end with Nine?

3 Likes

This Herald Sun article from 2014 suggests 2019.

Nine will not officially confirm, but sources told the Herald Sun the new deal could be for as many as five years, making Hitch 73 years of age when the contract expires.

I feel that Nine (GTV9) may look at Mike Amor as an option?
He seems to be gaining momentum over at Seven.

1 Like

IIā€™d be expecting Alicia.

Sheā€™ll be on maternity leave for most of next year, will do another year on weekends and will then take over.

Hugh Nailon is a big fan.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think this will happen (Mike Amor has been quite loyal to Seven over the years, hasnā€™t he?) but imagine if Nine actually did pick him up to succeed Peter Hitchener - itā€™d make Seven News Melbourne look even more of an absolute shambles than it already has been in recent years when it comes to their presenters/reporters!

Compared to 20 or even 10 years ago, I donā€™t think Nine Melbourne having a female presenter as their main choice for the 6pm news sounds completely unrealistic anymore. So with that in mind, I could easily imagine Alicia Loxley presenting GTVā€™s 6pm bulletin for a decade or two if she were to succeed Peter Hitchener when the time comes.

Of course one couldā€™ve argued in the past that Nine should let Jo Hall succeed Hitch, but letā€™s be realistic here: How many people wouldā€™ve really imagined that weā€™d still see Pete reading Nineā€™s Melbourne 6pm news in 2018 when he succeeded Brian Naylor two decades ago?!

1 Like

The problem with Jo is that she has a bit of the Jennifer Hansens about her - more interested these days in her profile and getting photographed for social pages and social media than anything else. And no, thatā€™s not sexist. You donā€™t see Jennifer Keyte all over Instagram posing with Insta-celebs who are 30 years younger than her.

1 Like

Why wouldnā€™t he? I canā€™t see him (or anyone) turning down a premium weeknight news anchor position in Melbourne. At the moment Seven are grooming him to Melbourne audiences. Seven better keep him on contract.