Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Yes ring Mark Calvert and explain how awful his wife is as a Newsreader, that will go down well.

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

exactly!

As I’ve probably said numerous times over the past 18 months or more, Nine News Sydney needs a meteorologist but more importantly (because let’s be realistic here, barring something unprecedented TCN won’t dare kick Pete or Cam off the bulletin), they need a female meteorologist to be their main weather presenter and to fix up the coverage/presentation of the forecast in general. Nine News Sydney weather in front of the giant curved screen looks absolutely ridiculous and did the coverage improve as a result of that? I’d probably say no.

Right now, only Ten News and their absolute joke of a lead forecaster & coverage (I’m sure even people who don’t live in Sydney/NSW are well aware of how bad they are) is really stopping Nine News from holding the dubious honour of having “Sydney’s worst TV weather coverage & presenters” IMO!

I personally think Belinda Russell is far more suitable to reporting rather than news/weather presenting (similar deal with Mark Burrows & Peter Stefanovic), while superior presenters/reporters like Jayne, Sophie & Davina currently aren’t used by Nine to their fullest potential. A resurgent Ten news/current affairs department really should try and sign up the latter three, along with maybe some of the quality talent that has fled Seven News Sydney in recent times…but I digress!

Alicia spoke to Clint on the Afternoon News today.

6 Likes

I’m in Melbourne tonight (drew the short straw) and I have to say, Pete is just fantastic. Head and shoulders the best anchor in Australia.

8 Likes

That’s why he’s Melbourne’s #1 :wink:

2 Likes

Tuesday (23.10.2018): Deborah Knight presented the Early News.

2 Likes

Wednesday - Friday :

Tim Davies presented Early News.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Kate Collins in for Will McDonald on 9 News tonight, she didn’t do Fridays bulletin.

2 Likes

Alicia Muling is presenting sport in Melbourne this weekend.

3 Likes

(27/10/2018) Rob Canning presenting sport in Sydney tonight.

5 Likes

Both Alicia M And Rob Are filling Respectively for Clint who’s on that Ride for Ovarian Cancer Research And Erin who’s in Melbourne Hosting Fast 5 Netball.

1 Like

Love seeing Rob Canning on Sydney’s news. He’s a class act. Another great talent nurtured by Ten with Nine now benefiting from that investment.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Sunday (28.10.2018) - Monday (29.10.2018): Belinda Russell presented Sydney’s weather again tonight.

I think this marks Belinda’s 10th consecutive night in a row on Sydney weather, an effort which I will commend Belinda for despite not being a major fan of her presenting style.

Presumably Amber Sherlock will be back tomorrow or next Sunday at the very latest. Either way, I personally still hope we’ll get to see Sophie Walsh present Sydney forecasts on at least Friday & Saturday nights (because won’t Belinda want some time off after a marathon effort?) after her Royal Tour reporting commitments are over.

1 Like

Gabrielle Boyle presenting Early News this week.

Monday -
Mark Burrows presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

B has an amazing work ethic… I think she will push on.

4 Likes