Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Interesting indeed, I reckon she would’ve been more tolerable than Natalia is in that role - though very different from her ABC Breakfast weather presenting days.

4 Likes

Tuesday -
Dougal Beatty presenting Melbourne Afternoon News again today.

1 Like

I’m sure Vanessa O’Hanlon is a decent person, but the Southern NSW/ACT regional bulletins would probably be better served with having either Danielle Post or Natassia Apolloni (especially given their histories at WIN News - very important when the Canberra & Illawarra sub-markets are probably the ones Nine wants to be #1 in most) as the main newsreader IMO.

If Vanessa O’Hanlon was to move back to weather presenting at some point in the future, I think she’d probably work better as the main forecaster for Sydney’s 4pm & 6pm bulletins than on Today.

Although realistically, I can’t see the roster of Amber Sherlock, Belinda Russell & Sophie Walsh (who IMO, should at least be the regular Friday/Saturday weather presenter for Sydney) in that order being altered. Still think TCN somehow needs to find or create a female meteorologist to go with the high quality Sunday-Thursday news & sports presenters, but that’s another story.

1 Like

Bruce seems to be having the week off

Mon/Tue:

3 Likes

Interesting that Wendy is presenting solo whereas Bruce needed a partner.

5 Likes

Her previous National role probably proves she’s more then capable then presenting the bulletin solo… Morning News Hour, Afternoon News Hour + Nine News Now.

2 Likes

Yet Bruce’s years of experience as Brisbane’s 6pm presenter means he’s not capable of doing it solo?

4 Likes

Bruce presented solo last Friday.

Ratings might struggle when Bruce is solo???

Bruce has been presenting solo for a couple of Fridays in the past few months.

2 Likes

I guess Nine would prefer to have Brendan Wolf, Michael Atkinson and Jordan Fabris (Have I missed any male reporters currently based in Nine’s Cavil Avenue newsroom?) on reporting…

Not sure if this is still the case (pre-Young/Abate duo on Seven, so things may have changed), but I seem to remember a post from @Read_It_First from a while back saying that bulletins with Bruce presenting solo rate very well while the ratings gap is tighter for bulletins with Wendy presenting solo.

I personally think Bruce Paige always worked better presenting in a duo for some reason.

1 Like

True, but there is Darren Curtis.

It depends what Nine want of Bruce, IMO. When he has a co-anchor, he banters - pulls faces, sighs, laughs. If they want a serious anchor, put Paige solo.

3 Likes

Dress changes to Scherri-Lee Biggs last night as she wore something different than what it was on Nine Live Perth.

From this

To this

2 Likes

Well I guess it is called Media Spy

3 Likes

Wednesday -
Brett McLeod is presenting Melbourne Afternoon News.

1 Like

Premature - Bruce and Wendy together tonight.

David Sharpe (Nine Live Perth Financial Expert) is featured on a report of micro-investing on Nine News Perth.

Also Scherri-Lee Biggs is presenting live in West Perth for The Block launch.

1 Like

Brett McLeod presenting First At Five and Melbourne News again this weekend, Alicia Loxley is still on holidays.

2 Likes

Sunday -
Deb Knight is presenting in Sydney.

2 Likes

Also, Amber Sherlock is back presenting the weather this week.

Wonder if we’ll soon see Cameron Williams take a break and Erin Molan present her first Sunday-Thursday Sydney 6pm Sports reports since retuning from maternity leave?

1 Like