Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

And Jerrie Damasi (Crime Reporter) presented Nine Live Perth for 11/5/2018.

2 Likes

Hannah Sinclair on the move from 9 News Perth to Sydney. Finished up in Perth today.

5 Likes

Hmmm so it appears that she will be the new permanent Sydney reporter that was mentioned a while back.

3 Likes

There was another trip outside the viewing area for a Nine News Sydney reporter today, with Sophie Walsh doing a PTC from a snowy Black Springs (just South West of Oberon, which itself is West of the Mountains and TV market of focus for the bulletin):

…but she travelled back into the viewing area for a live cross from a slightly less chilly Penrith:

Of course the efforts of Nine News Sydney reporters who travel outside the Sydney metropolitan area for stories are to be commended, but even after taking the “viewer familiarity” factor into consideration I still wonder if it’s a particularly effective use of resources by the network!

Anyway, here’s something else of interest from later in the bulletin. Although this report was shown during the post-Sport/pre-Weather segment, somehow I could still imagine Deborah Knight trying not to roll her eyes and Amelia Adams hoping that she doesn’t have to cover stories like this in London!

Perth viewers (or Tasmanians who saw her on Southern Cross News during the 2014-16 timeframe): What’s Hannah Sinclair like as a reporter? Any good? :slight_smile:

Admittedly I was also wondering if Hannah Sinclair is Sydney’s new permanent reporter (or the likely successor to Airlie Walsh after she recently moved to Canberra)!

6 Likes

big whoop, crews travel outside ‘the viewing area’ whenever there is a significant story to cover.

By your assertions, what do you say about the Perth crews covering the Margaret River story?

1 Like

Aside from being a considerably bigger story than your typical “cold snap” weather coverage, I’m not sure that’s entirely comparable - particularly from a Nine perspective where they don’t have a permanent news crew (or even a regional news service they’re affiliated with) based in the Margaret River region of WA to pull footage from.

Meanwhile, Black Springs is in the NSW Central West viewing area…where Nine does have a regional news service & locally based reporters/camera crew. Even though I understand the viewer familiarity factor (with Sophie Walsh being much more familiar to Sydney audiences than any Nine News Central West reporter, etc.), it seems like a waste of time/money to go to all that effort just to get a bit of footage of Sophie in the snow. But I guess that’s just a perspective from the outside as an observant viewer.

it’s not about familiarity, it’s about experience.

there’s a reason journos and cammos start working ‘in the regions’… and it’s because they are very green.

4 Likes

Justine started working the Friday -Sunday roster in late February.

3 Likes

Has it been mentioned yet that Renae Henry has left Nine News Perth?

Should I read anything into the “see you in Sydney” comment by TCN camera operator Cade Thompson? I know a couple of gaps have opened recently in the Willoughby newsroom (due to Airlie Walsh moving to Canberra and the maternity leave of a couple of others), but still not sure whether that means we’ll see her reporting on the news over here again in the foreseeable future.

While I’m here, Neil Breen is presenting the Sport report on Nine News Sydney tonight. Didn’t hear anything about Erin Molan going on maternity leave last night but if she presents The Sunday Footy Show tomorrow morning as planned/expected, I wonder if Nine will also allow her to present Sydney Sport on tomorrow night’s bulletin? I reckon that would work quite well, being a higher rating Sunday night which just happens to be Mothers Day! :slight_smile:

I really hope they don’t get him to read the weekend news whilst Erin is on ML.

3 Likes

Garry Youngberry’s had a makeover :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve heard she is going on an extended holiday.

1 Like

Monday (14.05.2018) - Friday (18.05 2018): Elizabeth Bryan is presenting the Early News.

1 Like

Michael Thomson is presenting Nine Live Perth for 14/5/2018. Tegan Sapwell thinks that it is Tracy Vo when she was reporting from PMH.

1 Like

But true

5 Likes

US correspondent Robert Penfold is special guest on 3AW’s Great Australian Lives this Sunday (May 20) from 8pm, chatting to his network colleague Laura Turner.

2 Likes

Neil Breen presented Sydney sport tonight. Looks like he is Erin’s maternity relief.

On a positive note, new recruit to the Sydney team Hannah Sinclair did a live cross tonight. She is a very impressive reporter and therefore a welcome addition.

5 Likes

Am sure she is happy you approve.

3 Likes

Jerrie Damasi (Nine News Perth’s Crime Reporter) is presenting the 6PM bulletin weather for 18/5/2018. Although it is Friday, the HBF Fitness Tips shown at the end was on the night before.

1 Like