Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I’m guessing it was April 1998 that Wally Lewis switched from Seven to Nine?

The Channel Ten caps from 1988 are great too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was Wally on TV while he was still playing?

Thanks!
Never knew he was at TEN.

2 Likes

Monday (23.04.2018) - Tuesday (24.04.2018): Elizabeth Bryan is presenting the Early News.

1 Like

Hitch is lit…

7 Likes

Problem with the regional reporters, is the voice. Their on air voice often is not major city ready. Rob Morrison still needs to get his voice right before they give him a general duties. A bit of mentoring, practice and time he should get over it. However sometimes they can’t break it and are stuck in regional tv.

1 Like

According to Wikipedia, in 1988 he was still playing for Brisbane Broncos in the then NSWRL.

Yep he didn’t retire until the 90s. Interesting he was already on tv before quitting playing

Anzac Day
Mark Burrows presenting Morning News.

Belinda Russell presenting Nine News Now.

2 Likes

Michael best was in villiers brettoneaux to cover the commemoration service

NBN’s best newsreader will be presenting Nine News: Early Edition again tomorrow morning:

7 Likes

No doubt there would have been a plug for her at the end of NBN News tonight (though I didn’t watch it tonight).

Pretty much the only time they promote the Early News, every other time its “The Today Show will have the latest news from 5:30”.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder who’s going to be South East Queensland’s equivalent to Mike Dalton and Alan Raskall now?

On a different note, that “world map” design above the TVs probably dates back to when Nine Brisbane had a newsroom set back in the '90s?

5 Likes

There’s been a few departures from Nine News Brisbane over the past month. Something like seven reporters have left…

4 Likes

There’s plenty to choose from but I reckon Nat Wallace could be the next version.

2 Likes

No report from or mention of Phil Willmington on tonight’s news. Which means that yesterday’s story on the best pay TV service was his last report - no surprise that Stan featured heavily.

2 Likes

Phil was with Nine Adelaide before Brisbane for many years.

2 Likes

Probably all of them leaving due to the declining quality of the bulletin.

3 Likes