Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I just hope we are supplied with concise, accurate news of the events of the day. Without the usual excessive hype and self congratulations of who’s in first etc.
I for one don’t give a shite about VO’s, title cards, breaking news (for something that started hours or days ago), exclusives or who is where.
Just give me the bloody news and make sure its given accurately!!!
Rant over.

Yes, and in the 5:58pm news update he was seen trying to grapple with notes and the mic.

3 Likes

Did it meet your standards?

2 Likes

Oooh what rule?

Showing parliamentary documents, which I’m guessing includes text messages now. Original story: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/02/chris-uhlmann-accused-of-egregious-breach-by-revealing-michaelia-cash-phone-text

Has anyone noticed Louise Mombers hand gestures and head nods are almost as bad as a Thommo. :flushed:

1 Like

…and also the Weather forecast on this afternoon’s Nine News Sydney at 4pm. If you ask me, this is a very strong indication that Amber Sherlock will most likely be presenting tonight’s Sydney 6pm bulletin forecast from somewhere in the vicinity of the Homebush Showgrounds because it’s Easter Show Eve (a day/night I’m sure Mike Dalton would be at “kid on Christmas Eve” levels of excitement each year)!

Of course there wasn’t an on-location forecast at the Homebush Showgrounds in Sydney on last year’s “Easter Show Eve” (possibly because Jacketgate was still relatively fresh in our memories then), but aside from that it seems to be something of an annual tradition for Nine News Sydney:

UPDATE: …as it turns out, Belinda will be presenting Sydney’s 6pm forecast from the studio. Doesn’t hurt to guess though, right?

8 Likes

Brett McLeod presenting First At Five News and in Melbourne this weekend.

4 Likes

Interesting to see Nine using Emma Larouche, a member of the Canberra local news team, to cover the top story tonight from Moruya.

2 Likes

not really, if she was the closest reporter, they’d have just got her there ASAP.
She’s really good, would be a better presenter than Vanessa.

Obviously being a Saturday and her proximity to the location of the story is the reason they used her. It is unusual in that TCN regularly dispatch reporters from Sydney to cover lesser stories in areas such as northern NSW and the Illawarra when they could be utilising the talents of capable personnel they already have in those areas.

I’ve only seen Emma present SX10 noodle updates so I’ll reserve judgement on whether she is better than Vanessa at presenting a real news bulletin.

Cameron Williams was quite animated during tonight’s bulletin on the lead story regarding the ball tampering scandal in cricket.

He gave his own personal view on the situation and opinion on what should happen regarding the captaincy, which is quite unusual for a presenter to do, but then this is quite an amazing (for all the wrong reasons) story.

9 Likes

I saw this too - very appropriate and well said IMO

5 Likes

It appears that Alice Monfries from Nine News Adelaide will be the maternity leave fill-in reporter for Kate Creedon on Nine News Sydney. This photo of an article (I presume) from The Advertiser has been posted to her Instagram:

Of course Nine News Sydney will also be getting a new permanent reporter soon, so it’ll be interesting to see who gets that position.

2 Likes

I wonder who will do Nine Live Adelaide on Thursdays and Fridays when she heads off to Sydney.

I honestly don’t think I’ve seen anyone other than Brenton, Kate, Will or Alice present any bulletin in Adelaide, even as fill in. When one of the 4pm presenters is away they use Brenton or Kate. Will be interesting to see if this continues or they choose a new 4th in line.

I think Ben Avery has presented.

1 Like

Sophie Walsh presented Early News Monday - Thursday this week.

1 Like

Tony Jones is presenting in Melbourne with Clint Stanaway presenting sport this week.
Hitch is probably on holidays.

Brett McLeod is presenting Melbourne Afternoon News Monday - Wednesday this week.

3 Likes