Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

My bet is we will see on location forecasts for the Show.

Nine are pretty good at picking the right times to do them.

1 Like

Nine is a sponsor of the Royal Easter Show again this year.

1 Like

Airlie Walsh presented Early News on Thursday & Friday this week.

1 Like

Has anyone seen Darren Curtis since early January? @Read_It_First

1 Like

Possibly moving (back) to Seven to replace Bill McDonald :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ?

1 Like

Darren filed some reports earlier this week.

2 Likes

Kate Creedon presenting Early News this week.

1 Like

Alicia Loxley is presenting the Afternoon News Melbourne live from Moomba this afternoon.

3 Likes

Alicia is presenting the bulletin from Alexandra Gardens, Tony Jones is also there presenting sport and Livinia Nixon is presenting the weather from Federation Square this afternoon.

2 Likes

“Petey” drinking on the job tonight.

15 Likes

Mark Burrows is presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News today

1 Like

I’ve noticed Sydney reporter Sophie Walsh has been reporting in Melbourne since Sunday, not sure if she has moved to Melbourne permanently?

6 Likes

She confirmed on Twitter that its just for this week.

2 Likes

Ahh cool, must be filling in for a regular Melbourne reporter who’s gone on holidays or something.

It still wouldn’t be overly surprising if a reporter currently at Nine News Sydney is expected to leave soon though, with Darren Wick recently including a listing for a permanent reporting position at TCN along with the 12 month maternity leave position (for Kate Creedon).

1 Like

Peter Overton threw his hands up in despair at more automation gremlins tonight!

Footage of Tiger Woods was meant to be on air when Cameron was forced to do the VO on camera.

Actually, he took it pretty well… “Those computers!” he quipped.

8 Likes

I tell you what…9 have that much problems with automation they should go and see how Ten do it. Ten uses the same mosart automation minus the robotic cameras and no mistakes!

1 Like

Maybe it’s the cameras causing some of the issues… in the one I posted last night with Petes’s hands in the air, perhaps it was a case of the cameras kicking back in when they weren’t supposed to?

They blame the computers, but someone has to set up the Mosart rundown, and also someone is there progressing it through the rundown. There is a human factor there, and from what I’ve heard about Nine’s abilities with Mosart, it’s a much bigger factor than people are giving it credit.

3 Likes

Definitely. Mosart is used by many broadcasters around the world for automation and almost none of them have problems with the same frequency that Nine does.

1 Like

Tonight was Michael Atkinson’s last night as sports presenter on the Gold Coast News.

He is heading back to QTQ with Sam Squiers returning from maternity leave tomorrow night. Dominque Loudon is returning to Nine News Gold Coast.

6 Likes