Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Sydney’s “A” team of Pete, Cameron and Amber all on deck tonight.

Their normal night?

Yes

I’m not sure of the meaning of your post?

It’s their normal night? Why are you making mention of it?

There’s been a few nights in recent weeks when they haven’t all been on the same night.
Pete was off sick for a couple of nights last week.

1 Like

Jonathan Uptin is the new weekend presenter in Brisbane:

http://www.ntnews.com.au/entertainment/no-more-jonathan-uptin-on-our-weekday-tv/news-story/c462f7acf84b731ac82ebc40da6e4b80

5 Likes

Uptin, who moved to Queensland last year when Channel Nine announced major cuts to its regional bulletins, will now be reading sports for the Nine News Brisbane bulletin.

Darren Curtis continues as weekend presenter with Jonathan as sport presenter.

1 Like

Uptin said in that article he was looking forward to reading sports on weekdays and news on weekends in Brisbane.

1 Like

I got the impression that he was doing both…

Don’t know what this means for Wally Lewis - retirement? Deciding to focus on Nine’s NRL coverage (similar to how Ian Healy gave up reading weekend news to focus on Nine’s cricket coverage some time back)?

And presumably, Paul Taylor might take Jonathan Uptin’s spot on the weeknight regional QLD/Darwin bulletins?

7 Likes

So he will present weekday sports and weekend news?

Or they’ll just have Sam do it solo again.

If Wally’s gone, then I’d imagine they’ll have someone like Sam Squires (when she returns) sharing the role with Jonathan Uptin as I can’t imagine Jono wanting to work seven days a week. Perhaps it might go something like this:

• Weeknights: Andrew and Melissa, Jono (Monday-Wednesday), Sam Squires (Thursday-Friday), Garry on weather

• Weekends: Jono on news, Sam on sports, Luke Bradnam on weather.

EDIT - Nothing’s changing, Jono will read weekend news and become sports editor.

2 Likes

I agree that it wouldn’t be overly surprising to see Nine have a Monday-Wednesday and Thursday-Sunday split for Sport in Brisbane.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. Although if it counts for anything, the Regional QLD/Darwin bulletins have utilised fill in co-presenters for both Sam and Jono.

A shame for Darwin viewers though as they will only get to see their newsreader on weekends.

2 Likes

Glad Jono will be doing the weekend news but the rest is a little messy.

I wouldn’t say Wally is retiring, perhaps he will do the Friday - Sunday sport. I think (prefer) that Sam isn’t returning…

3 Likes

Although if it means anything, he’s getting a lot more exposure on the weekend news than Nine News RQLD and Darwin (with the addition of the audience in Brisbane and Gold Coast).

1 Like
17 Likes

Jono on Weekend News and Sports Editor at QTQ, Sam & Paul on regional makes the most sense.

4 Likes

SPOT ON!

2 Likes

Sophie Walsh presented Early News on Monday & Tuesday this week.

1 Like

How long has Mathew Woolfrey been reporting for Nine News? He did a report on the return of athletes from the Winter Olympics tonight. I’ve only ever seen him on air doing the entertainment report on Nine News Now.

1 Like