Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Neil Breen.

1 Like

Most importantly, News Corp reporting that scans showed Erin’s baby was safe and healthy.

10 Likes

Elizabeth Bryan presented Monday Early News.

1 Like

Deb also presenting tonight in Sydney

4 Likes

Political reporter Charles Croucher made an announcement in a tweet this morning.

5 Likes

Does that mean that Lizzie Pearl or Robert Penfold is returning? Or does it mean that Nine will now have 3 US correspondents (like Seven)?

I was actually wondering if it’s a sign that Robert Penfold might be retiring soon TBH.

But I suppose it’s also possible that Nine will now have three reporters based in the LA bureau, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens…

Peter Overton is back presenting in Sydney tonight.

6 Likes

Sounding a bit nasally, so must’ve had the past couple days off sick.

2 Likes

Presumably the new Canberra reporter will be the replacement for Charles Croucher and the “12 month maternity leave contract” (for at least for the reporter position and possibly also the senior producer/line-up position) is Kate Creedon’s fill-in, but what about the others?

Knowing what Nine News Sydney has been like with newer recruits in recent times, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if the people chosen for the positions in the Willoughby newsroom are already working for Nine News in one of the smaller metro markets like Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth.

3 Likes

Saturday (24.02.2018): Samantha Heathwood is anchoring in Brisbane tonight.

5 Likes

Madeline Slattery presenting weather in Melbourne again this weekend.

1 Like

Bulletin ended with …“I’m Samantha Heathwood, from the entire team have a wonderful evening”

Video

8 Likes

Where is Darren Curtis?

Seems they are replacing him. He hasn’t been seen since early January.

1 Like

While it’s great to see Sam getting some exposure on the weekend news… it’s surely got to confuse many viewers in the regional markets.

Tonight, in my household, I tuned into 9 News QLD and my partner straight away was confused, firstly wondering why there was a Brisbane city picture on the local news… then upon realising we were actually watching the Brisbane news… then wondering why the “local” newsreader was now in Brisbane for the weekend.

4 Likes

Darren always seems to take a large holiday in Jan/Feb after working throughout Christmas, we get all hopeful and then he magically pops back.

1 Like

Congratulations to Today Brisbane reporter Jess Millward and Nine News reporter Joel Dry on getting married last night in Langhorne Creek, South Australia. https://www.instagram.com/p/BfiIEtqnfbd/?taken-by=jessmillward9

6 Likes

Sunday (25.02.2018): Jonathan Uptin is back anchoring in Brisbane tonight.