Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

…and with Cameron Williams having returned from holidays, tonight’s Nine News Sydney was the first of 2018 with the full (regular) Sunday-Thursday presenting team.

7 Likes

Elizabeth Bryan presented Early News on Monday, Wednesday & Thursday this week.

1 Like

Thommo isn’t a terrible presenter, but I’m not really warming to his newsreading style. IMO he should’ve stayed on sports.

A better option would’ve been either Louise Momber or Tracy Vo on solo (doing 4pm as well) with the other taking over Today Perth News. But even then none would have a better chance than keeping Tim and Emmy.

Sylvia Jeffreys presented the Early News this Tuesday.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I think Nine might have a few reporters in PeyongChang for the Winter Olympics, presumably so they can do “the local angle” reports with people like Corey Norris from Melbourne & Damian Ryan from Sydney.

They are probably there more so to cover different events in the Winter Olympics rather than cover the same stories with just a local Sydney or Melbourne angle as such.

Nine News Queensland’s Melissa Downes on her landmark year ahead

Nine News Queensland co-host Melissa Downes will be celebrating a couple of milestones in 2018 and 2019. This year marks a decade since she took the spot behind the Nine News desk in Brisbane to host the network’s primetime bulletin. Next year, Downes and her 6pm news co-host Andrew Lofthouse will mark a decade of their on-air partnership.

5 Likes

Gabrielle Boyle presenting Early News this morning.

Gabby has very impressive newsreading skills hopefully we see her more often.

3 Likes

Saturday (10.02.2018) - Sunday (11.02.2018): Jonathan Uptin is anchoring in Brisbane again this weekend.

How many consecutive days has Jono worked for?

Weekend news turning UP the heat. The familiar, yet fresh face set to remain. Watch this space.

4 Likes

I see what you did there, interesting development.

2 Likes

Best (and worst case) scenario: Jono appointed weekend presenter and Darren moves to RQLD and Darwin?

1 Like

Regional bulletins extended to weekends perhaps?

UPteen days I reckon.

6 Likes

Five weeks now of local news and weekend news.

He did the same for a few weeks over summer too.

I would also imagine that their Darwin audience has also seen an increase with Jono.

I am not too sure that the ratings have increased because he is a fresh face. I think we have had close to ten anchor changes to our weekend news in 10 years. Simply, Jono is better than both Darren and Alison.

As for Darren, I have always thought that Nine have intentions for him to replace Bruce Paige on the Gold Coast news when he retires, so maybe Curtis will do a 30 minute weekend bulletin at 6pm for the GC… Or they will move him to do local morning news. To be fair, it should be said that Darren maintains Nine’s strong lead on weeknights, when he fills in for Andrew and Melissa.

Since 2008, I think the anchors have been:

Eva Milic (solo): 2008-2009
Andrew Lofthouse and Eva Milic: 2009)
Eva Milic (solo again): 2009-2011
Heather Foord (Solo): 2011
Eva Milic (Solo again): 2012-2014
Darren Curtis and Eva Milic: 2014
Darren Curtis and Alison Ariotti: 2014-2015
Darren Curtis and Sophie Walsh (Alison on ML): Beginning of 2016
Darren Curtis and Alison Ariotti: 2016-2017
Darren Curtis (solo): 2018

Meanwhile, on Seven…
Sharyn Ghidella (solo): 2008-2012
Rod Young and Kay McGrath (even though it should’ve been Sharyn and Bill on weekends): 2013-2016
Kay McGrath (solo): 2016-now

3 Likes

Congrats to Hitch on 45 years at Channel 9.

11 Likes

Tony Jones started presenting sport from South Korea on Friday.

Corey Norris presented sport on First At Five News this weekend.

Madeline Slattery presented weather on Weekend Today this morning and in Melbourne tonight.

6 Likes