Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Andrew Lofthouse is anchoring solo in Brisbane this week.

2 Likes

Paddy Sweeney presenting sport in Perth.

2 Likes

I thought Thommo looked very uncomfortable tonight

3 Likes

Half of Perth assumes that it is a Murdoch ragā€¦

2 Likes

Ex 9 Perth journo Lee Steele joining Ten Eyewitness News Perth team.

7 Likes

Is Paddy Sweeney doing weeknights only as his role?

2 Likes

Tommo was presenting the news like he would sport - sometimes shouting ends of sentences. I felt uneasy watching him, it seemed he was excited reading that the Beaumont case has got new leads (one of many times).

9 News Perth drinking game:

• every time Tommoā€™s fingers come off the desk, drink
  • every time Tommo elevates his voice, finish your vessel.
  • every time Tommo and a ā€˜Michaelā€™ named reporter have a ā€˜Michael, Michaelā€™ exchange, shotgun your drink
15 Likes

Is that ronald mcdonald make-up or a bad tan?

3 Likes

Amelia Adams presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News today

3 Likes

Courtesy @SamSamTV

2 Likes

His delivery is okay, but heā€™s lacking authority and punch to what heā€™s saying. Needs to drive home the main point of the story. Itā€™s an ok sports delivery but for a lead story, you need more ā€˜oomphā€™.

3 Likes

Watched Nine News Brisbane tonight, and I seriously cant justify how they are number 1ā€¦ it was the most tabloid piece of crap I have ever watched.

Personally think itā€™s made a whole lot worse with Andrew Lofthouse, he honestly makes me think i am watching entertainment tonightā€¦ just want to know what Media Spy members particularly from QLD think of him?

3 Likes

Andrew was great when he was hosting ABC News Queensland. Very authoritiative and well measured. Ever since heā€™s been at Nine though, heā€™s obviously been coached to present more sensationalist content. He and ALISON WHYAMISHOUTING ARRIOTI are the absolute worst in that regard. Itā€™s a real shame because he is otherwise a very talented and flawless presenter.

QTQ is a lost cause. I donā€™t know if the sensationalism and fear mongering is a reflection of the EPā€™s own attitudes or a directive from the head honchos down south, but either way Iā€™m very sceptical that anything will change.

6 Likes

Sad thing is Seven is worse in that regard. Sharyn and Bill have very little chemistry and there is very little enthusiasm from either of them when presenting stories.

Kay McGrath also sounds like she has some sort of cold when she presents these days. Shame for what was once a dominant news station.

Yes youā€™re right, itā€™s less to do with Nine doing anything right and more to do with Seven having completely given up on giving Brisbane proper presenters and a decent set

1 Like

I agree that it is what Andrew Lofthouse is being asked to present that is the issue. The presentation, story selection and order are tabloid, while the reporters in the field present in a similar sensationalised style. In addition there are the nightly non-news reports that are used to promote the bulletin through the day (how save money etc). This results in a bulletin that seems to have gained a following with viewers, but to me it is at the expense of long-term credibility and authoritativeness. If I saw a report on Nine News I wouldnā€™t trust that it was accurate.

The problem is that Seven have followed the lead of Nine with the non-news stories though to a lesser extent, Ten is on at 5pm and under-resourced though closer to a straight news service IMO. And over at ABC, a local story that leads commercial radio and TV newscasts and even ABC Radio may barely get a mention on their 7pm bulletin.

5 Likes

I agreeā€¦Ten does produce a much better bulletin. What do you mean by under resourced though? Ten still have camera operators, journos, producers, studios, link trucks, master controls etc etc. Its more that Ten chose to be a differant news service to the crap they dish up on Seven and Nine.

1 Like

I suspect he means $$ (in comparison to what Nine and Seven put into their news operations)

2 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting the Morning News today. Amelia Adams is at a Sydney Royal judging event at Moore Park, she may still present Sydney Afternoon News.
Edit: Jayne Azzopardi will also present the afternoon news today.

5 Likes

Amelia Adams is back presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News today.

2 Likes