Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Not a bad choice.

1 Like

Viewers over in the West might have a different opinion, but somehow I think it would’ve been better if Tracy Vo became the new presenter of Nine News Perth (although I’m sure she’ll do well at 4pm nonetheless) with Michael Thompson continuing to present Sport.

2 Likes

I agree her career has revolved around news while Michael’s has revolved around sport so it’s an odd choice but Michael will do fine… however I don’t think the ratings will increase. On a different note I hope they use the opportunity of a new presenter to scrap that stupid sci-fi looking background in the Perth studio returning to the live camera like the east coast.

4 Likes

Thommo is probably the best in-house choice they could have gone for (I expect he’s also the highest paid of their remaining on air talent - no need for negotiations I’d imagine).

Glad they’ve kept separate presenters for 4pm and 6pm though.

And the ratings… well we all know they’re never going to improve, it’s not like they ever have in the last 10 years.

4 Likes

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??

What a disaster. What are they thinking? Keeping Emmy solo would have been the better decision. FFS.

Back to Rick & Sue I go.

:disappointed_relieved:

I’ve never seen him present the News part is he similar in style to Tony Jones in Melb?

I don’t get this at all. Is this a cost cutting exercise? or Ratings Grab? Neither actually makes sense. Would have been cheaper to get rid of Michael and Tim and keep Emmy solo? and Michael is barely going to bring in ratings?

1 Like

This is a complete and utter fail of a decision. Im flabbergasted.

There you go…definitely in house and arrived a day early! :wink: Odd choice…i agree that he is not going to pull in any more ratings as he is seen as a “sport presenter” Best of luck to him. This goes to show 9 are now at the point of cost cutting as they see no hope in gaining top position over 7 in the west.

2 Likes
1 Like

The seasoned journalist of 38 years said he was surprised but excited when management approached him to take over the roles, about two weeks ago.

Nine is yet to reveal who will replace Thomson on the sport desk.

Thomson will start presenting Nine News Perth from Monday, January 22.

3 Likes

I hope they at least give Alice ‘Today Perth News’.

1 Like

It could be anyone’s guess ATM. There is a choice of Alice Murray (preferred), Ebbeny Faranda, Jerri DeMasi and Michael Genovese to choose from.

3 Likes

21 AM47 AM38 AM27 AM

This hasn’t been taken well by viewers either…

6 Likes

What a mess. Looks like Nine will be cementing their position as Perth’s #4 news service in 2018. Thommo is a good sports presenter but he won’t cut it as an anchor. That’s also quite the demotion for Vo, who seemed like the better alternative for 6pm.

4 Likes

Deb Knight is now on holidays.

4 Likes

Sydney bulletin last night with Allison Langdon, Erin Molan and Sophie Walsh.

4 Likes

Has to be weekend presenter Paddy Sweeney.

That’s a shame. A very talented anchor of that Nine newsroom, so the promotion is well deserved.

There is also Lee Steele, who is a current reporter for the program and the former anchor the local Morning News.

However, Ebbeny Faranda is likely.

When did Shaun McManus leave?

1 Like