Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Outside of Channel 10 dual presenters have never really worked in Melbourne.

I don’t see any need to try it now on 9 anyway. Peter Hitchener does it just fine on his own.

7 Likes

Not sure if it has been posted. Herald Sun reports today that Nine Melbourne sports reporter Mark Macgugan has quit the network and is moving to Gold Coast. Tony Jones’ phone has been running hot with other reporters interested in taking Mark’s spot.

4 Likes

Mark is a great reporter and was a very good fill in presenter in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Christine Ahearn is very shouty isnt she :flushed: Im very much awake now.

2 Likes

Tim McMillan is doing solo at Nine News Perth while Michael Thomson is at the Waca Ground for Sports updates.
Scherri Lee Biggs also at WACA for weather updates

4 Likes

Going through the archives found this afternoon bulletin with Vicky Jardim presenting. Probably her first and last time presenting the Morning/Afternoon news.

Clint misses the cue!

8 Likes

Friday (15.12.2017) - Saturday (16.12.2017): Deborah Knight is anchoring in Sydney. Neil Breen is presenting sport.

2 Likes

15 Dec 2017: Michael Genevese presented Nine News Perth Tonight.

1 Like

Emmy Kubanski and Tim McMillan are told their contracts won’t be renewed

8 Likes
5 Likes

Very surprising to see Tim and Emmy dumped from 9 News, wouldn’t be shocked if Tim ends up in Sydney cause he did well filling in for Karl last year.

6 Likes

the forever rotating lineup of newsreaders for 9 Perth continues.

Perhaps if they stay with someone for more than 5 minutes they might get somewhere?

22 Likes

Unless their replacements are Rick and/or Sue, things will only get worse for Nine News Perth. What a mess.

11 Likes

…and so the revolving door that is Nine News Perth claims two more victims.

I wonder who the network will bring in to lead their bulletin in 2018? Tracy Vo and/or Michael Genevese, maybe? Although personally, I suspect the problems with Nine News Perth (and Channel Nine Perth generally) go deeper than their choice of presenters.

We all know that Seven News (and Channel Seven generally) is extremely popular in Perth, but do viewers over in the West perceive Nine to be “too East Coast-centric” or something? If they do, perhaps Nine should look at fixing that rather than changing the newsreaders yet again!

5 Likes

I watch 9 News Perth & Noticed that ratings continued to stay low compared to 7 news Perth. Channel 7 Perth continued winning Over 9 since early 1990s. There have been a lot of changes to staff at STW-9 over the past 25 years.

2 Likes

This whole thing is a mess, channel 9 Perths managing director leaves, Tim and Emmy booted out. Wouldn’t be suprised if Dixie Marshall, Sonia Vinici or Sharlyn Sarac make a return. Dixie has been on radio after leaving the state government post election. But Tracy is also a good replacement

Possibility, but would be useless and a downgrade. Least 9 news Perth had some credibility with Tim and Emmy. Michael is a pretty bad presenter and would probably do worse in ratings and there already pretty bad.

Would love for Emmy to return to 7 and present the afternoon news.

1 Like

I wonder if emmy might return to Brisbane

What the actual fuck? This is terrible news :flushed:

3 Likes

Could Ten News Perth sign Emmy and/or Tim up?

2 Likes

Im really really in shock. What could they possibly think is going to work with ‘big changes’ next year?

1 Like