Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Deb Knight welcomed to the weekend news:

Read into that as you will. I take it Deb will be replacing Georgie, though it isn’t that simple, I hear.

9 Likes

Corey Norris presenting sport on First At Five News and Melbourne News this weekend

3 Likes

No big surprise that Deb has taken over the weekend gig. She’s an outstanding newsreader with years of experience. Nine would have been insane not to appoint her.

11 Likes

If Deborah Knight is the new Friday/Saturday newsreader of Nine News Sydney, I personally think some on-air promos would be in order (since it is a fairly significant change for the #1 rating news service in town)!

8 Likes

Sophie Walsh is presenting weather in Sydney tonight

4 Likes

I’m sure new promos are in the works - give them time!

Fantastic to see Deb get promoted to weekends.

9 Likes

Madeline Slattery presenting weather in Melbourne this weekend

2 Likes

Saturday (09.12.2017) - Sunday (10.12.2017): Jonathan Uptin is co-anchoring with Alision in Queensland again this weekend.

2 Likes

Random question just saw a video of Lauren Gianoli reporting in Canberra then thought to see what she’s up to on twitter. Seems she’s made her account private and no tweets since the 3rd of October. When was the last time she reported?

3 Likes

Georgie Gardner anchoring in Sydney Sunday-Thursday again this week.

1 Like

Elizabeth Bryan presenting Early News this week.

2 Likes

She works for Julie Bishop now.

4 Likes

Deb has been replaced on Weekend Today with Allison Langdon.

This is despite Nine claiming an ‘increase in Deb’s responsibilities in 2018’.

Something tells me that we should watch Sydney’s 6pm News. I can seen Deb doing more than just the two days that Georgie did.

However, I have been told there are many changes ahead in 2018.

3 Likes

I don’t see why Peter Overton should be worried about his position on Nine News Sydney, knowing that his bulletins usually rated very well this year.

Dual presented 6pm bulletins in Sydney & Melbourne? Getting meteorologists for local weather? Something else entirely?

5 Likes

I’d love to see them try dual presenters in Melbourne.
Peter Hitchener and Jo Hall?
Peter Hitchener and Alicia Loxley?

1 Like

Monday (11.12.2017) - Friday (15.12.2017): Melissa Downes is anchoring solo in Brisbane again this week. Gold Coast’s Jayde Cotic is presenting the weather.

Tom Mitchell is presented sport Monday-Thursday.

2 Likes

That sucks, Deb is such a great asset to Weekend Today. We will miss watching her nationally. :frowning:

2 Likes

For Today in general too, she’s been really great while hosting the weekday version.

3 Likes

Deb Knight has confirmed she will replace Georgie on Sydney’s 6pm News:

https://honey.nine.com.au/2017/12/11/14/04/deb-knight-new-role-at-nine-network

4 Likes

Mark Burrows presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News on Tuesday & Wednesday this week.

1 Like