Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

But would she want to give up Weekend Today and/or work 3am till 7pm?

2 Likes

I know that Deb has had presenting roles on Weekend Today and the Sydney 6pm news that night in the past, but yeah I canā€™t imagine her wanting to do both for an extended period of time.

Personally I think Deborah Knight should be the leading contender but at the same time, I wouldnā€™t entirely rule out the possibility of Nine choosing another presenter.

6 Likes

The only but the best candidate IMO.

1 Like

Nineā€™s 2018 presenter list IMO,

• Peter Overton
  • Deborah Knight
  • Amelia Adams
  • Jayne Azzopardi
  • Davina Smith
  • Tom Steinfort

(If Nine are smart theyā€™ll get rid of Ben Fordham off the presenting list)

5 Likes

Nine would be a fool not to give Deb the gig. The only chance they have of retaining their number hold on the weekends.

I would even prefer her leave Today than get someone else from the amateur list.

Deb has said in an interview that from her sacking at Ten, she is now always afraid to say no. And this is often why she ends up working 7 days a week, double shifts etc (great from the viewers perspective). So, I therefore, think she will hold on to her weekend gig on Today and do Nine News Sydney in addition.

It is of course easy to rearrange the roster so Deb does Thursday and Friday for Nine News Sydney (then she only has one late night/early morning) and Pete anchor Saturday- Wednesday. As both are strong presenters, I doubt it will have any affect on the ratings.

4 Likes

Saturday (02.12.2017): Jonathan Uptin co-anchoring with Alison in Queensland tonight and Tom Mitchell is presenting sport.

2 Likes

sheā€™d almost certainly work 3am til 10, then come back at 3pm or something. Plenty of ways around it.
Lester Holt did it for years.

7 Likes

So did Chris Bath back in the Sunday Sunrise days.

1 Like

Itā€™s 2 days a week, hardly a big ask. Sheā€™d survive.

1 Like

Hopefully there will be a nice send-off/montage for Georgieā€™s final bulletin. Surely there are some funny behind-the-scenes/bloopers that could be shown; after all, she has been presenting the bulletin for 8.5 years.

Similar to Chris Bathā€™s final bulletin:

*although unlike Bathie, Georgie isnā€™t leaving the network completely.

5 Likes

3 day week if she does Fridays and Saturdays in addition to WT. But agree itā€™s not a big deal.

Georgie Gardner presenting in Sydney tonight.

4 Likes

I agree.

Even though Georgie Gardner obviously wonā€™t be leaving the network completely, I personally believe that many Sydney viewers would really appreciate a nice send off/montage for GGā€™s final bulletin! :slight_smile:

Although it has to be said that Georgie Gardner has had some level of involvement in Nineā€™s Sydney 6pm bulletin for over 15 years nowā€¦

4 Likes

Mark Macgugan also presenting sport in Melbourne this weekend.

2 Likes

Yes youā€™re correct, sheā€™d work a three day week. Saturday is the only day she would actually work on both Weekend Today and the 6pm bulletin.

1 Like

Well that must be Pete done for 2017! Weā€™ll see him again on the 21 January!

3 Likes

Peter Overton usually returns each year on the 3rd Sunday after New Years Eve/Day, so heā€™ll probably return for 2018 on January 21.

2 Likes

Sunday (03.12.2017): Jonathan Uptin anchored solo in Queensland tonight. Tom Mitchell presented sport.

1 Like

Whoop Whoop :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Aislin Kriukelis presented Early News this morning.

2 Likes