Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

If Georgie Gardner (or Deborah Knight) became the new co-presenter of Today, I think they’d probably only slightly reshuffle Sydney’s newsreader roster. Eg, Deborah Knight being the 2nd in-line newsreader in the case of GG getting the role on Today.

But if they don’t…

:+1:

:-1:

6 Likes

How about Allison Langdon?

Brett McLeod presenting in Melbourne again tonight.

1 Like

Kate Creedon presented Early News this morning.

Mark Burrows presenting Monday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

1 Like

Regarding this, since Eva will probably do Monday-Wednesdays with Alison taking over Thursdays as well, they should probably have Eva doing weekends in addition to Monday-Wednesdays and let Darren go back to reporting IMO.

Of course it probably will never happen but one can dream right?

Tuesday (21.11.2017)- Friday (24.11.2017): Tim Davies is presenting the Early News.

2 Likes

Tony Jones tweeted
114 years (not out) with @9NewsMelb.@phitchener9 (44 years), @Jo_Hall9 (38) and me (32).#dinosaurclub

`

11 Likes

I think Livinia has been there for ages at Nine too.

1 Like

Since 2004, if I’m not mistaken.

Hitch/TJ/Nixon is probably the longest running news/sport/weather presenting team (at least on commercial TV) on the East Coast.

4 Likes

So has there been any confirmation as to who will be replacing Georgie?

Nothing that I’ve seen but the conversation on-air this morning basically confirmed it (seemed like Georgie was on the verge of announcing it the way she was talking about Deb’s exciting next chapter).

I think they are keeping all eyes on Georgie this week and will announce further changes by the end of the year (including yet another new team for Weekend Today).

4 Likes

I think Deb might take on both WT and Sydney weekend news.

3 Likes

Whilst she wouldn’t unfamiliar with the heavy workload, I doubt she would take up the two roles due to having a young child. I probably will stand to be corrected.

Unless they poach someone from another network, which I doubt because they’re not good enough, I daresay Deb Knight will be taking over Sydney’s Fri/Sat news.

BTW, it has been confirmed that Deb will continue her Weekend Today duties.

7 Likes

Maybe Chris Bath?

2 Likes

!!!

Chris would only jump if she was offered weeknights (she left Seven because they demoted her to weekends), and I think she’s pretty happy with what she does now (ABC Radio and The Sunday Project).

5 Likes

Deb will continue on Weekend Today

5 Likes

Tonight was Peter Hitchener’s last night :frowning:
He will be back in the new year.

7 Likes

Peter Hitchener returned to Nine News Melbourne in Early January (at least) the last two years, so something similar will probably happen again in 2018.

Here in Sydney, even with Georgie Gardner’s appointment to Today in 2018 I’d probably still expect to see the current Friday/Saturday presenters (with GG reading news in December & Deb in January) have the opportunity to fill in for Pete, Cam and Amber while they’re on holidays.

But I really, really hope there’s a decent quality newsreader for Nine News Sydney on Christmas Day after some of the shockers that have presented the December 25 bulletin in recent years.

2 Likes