Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Sophie Walsh presenting Sydney Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Amelia Adams presented the Morning News today.

2 Likes

Peter is presenting tonight.

3 Likes

Tuesday (14.11.2017): Sylvia Jeffreys presented the Early News.

2 Likes

Kate Creedon presenting Early News Wednesday - Friday this week

2 Likes

Melissa Downes is anchoring solo in Queensland Thursday and Friday this week.

2 Likes

Deborah presenting in Sydney tonight

4 Likes

Brett McLeod is presenting First At Five News and Melbourne News tonight.

Georgie Gardner is back presenting Sydney News tonight.

1 Like

Tonight

8 Likes

Good god.

What’s wrong?

Saturday(18.11.2017)- Sunday (19.11.2017): Jonathan Uptin is co-anchoring with Alison in Queensland.

4 Likes

Deborah Knight expected to anchor weekend Sydney News in 2018.

6 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this. While it would be great to have GG (or Deb, either one I don’t mind) co-host Today, who’s going to be the No.3 newsreader in Sydney if Deb moves to weekend news with Georgie moving to Today?

2 Likes

Weird that they haven’t chose a new 3rd in line presenter… I keep thinking Amelia Adams will be as she doesn’t have that many presenting roles and is doing Debs Mon/Fri shift. I would of thought Wendy Kingston too but she’s moved away.

Initially, I thought one of the main reasons Georgie declined the Today role was that it meant she would be giving her 6pm News chair up. Perhaps this alleged contract entails Georgie filling-in when Pete and Deb aren’t available?

2 Likes

I do like her news reading… but I much prefer Georgie on Today and seeing her lighter side. But I’m sure she will still fill in on 6pm News as you said.

1 Like

I think I’d have really mixed feelings about Georgie Gardner or Deborah Knight becoming the new co-presenter of Today. On the one hand, I’d be happy that either presenter is getting a promotion.

But at the same time, both GG and Deb are fairly popular newsreaders with Sydney (of course Peter Overton is Sydney’s favourite TV newsreader of them all and that probably won’t change anytime in the foreseeable future, but still…) so I’d be somewhat disappointed about the understandable prospect of seeing either presenter on the 6pm bulletin less often than we do now.

2 Likes

There are soooo many options - almost as many as potential replacements for Lisa Wilkinson:

Peter Stefanovic? Davina Smith? Karl Stefanovic? Sylvia Jeffreys? Tom Steinfort? Amelia Adams? Liam Bartlett? Leila McKinnon? Ben Fordham? Jayne Azzopardi?

Shall I go on?:joy:

1 Like

Neil Breen? :laughing:

4 Likes