Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Chris Uhlmann’s first live cross on Nine News Sydney. Peter Overton introduced viewers to the new Federal Political Editor at the start:

Belinda Russell presented Sydney weather tonight, and I presume will do so for the rest of this week.

As for the reason why Nine News Sydney is now stating that the news is presented by Peter Overton, Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight on Twitter…um, because they’re obviously positioned as the three main newsreaders of the 6pm bulletin?

9 Likes

Yes for many months now unfortunately Mark has been the main fill in newsreader for Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News when Davina Smith is away and when Deb is away or working on weekdays Today. Deb’s normal roster is Monday and Friday and Davina Tuesday - Thursday.

As an ABC viewer, Chris looks so out-of-place at Nine but I guess that’s a good thing that they’ve taken aboard a decent journo with sound political knowledge. Oakes’ shoes are well filled.

2 Likes

Amber is back today after being away on Sunday & Monday.

1 Like

Brenton Ragless presenting Nine Live Adelaide this afternoon.

2 Likes

Mark Burrows presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

Neil Breen :roll_eyes: presenting sport in Sydney tonight, Erin Molan is on holidays.

4 Likes

I don’t know why Nine persists with using Neil Breen as a fill-in presenter. Where’s Julie Snook and Rob Canning?!

5 Likes

Imagine putting three of Sydney’s worst presenters together for a bulletin - Mark Burrows, Neil Breen, and Belinda Russell. :scream:

Lucky Georgie is there tonight with them she has class and professionalism which Neil and Belinda are lacking.

7 Likes

When that day comes i’m sure the Facebook page will be bombarded with comments! I’m already having to survive off off NZ News when some of the presenters i dislike present! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I remember someone saying that last week was a good week without Mark or Belinda at the helm of national bulletins, and we get both of them this week on Friday. Oh the irony…

@Salty even worse is if they tried to put Ben Fordham on Nine News Sydney with Neil and Belinda…

2 Likes

I actually said that last Friday :laughing:

1 Like

Just imagine if Nine couldn’t get Cameron Williams back to the network as their “Successor for Sutcliffe” late last year…we very well could’ve had Neil Breen (presuming that Tim Gilbert stayed with Today) as Sydney’s main Sunday-Thursday Sports Presenter!

Probably the best weather presenter Nine News Sydney has at the moment is Sophie Walsh and she’s not even on that often!

Don’t laugh - I actually wouldn’t be overly surprised if Ben Fordham or Mark Burrows with Neil Breen on Sport & Belinda Russell for weather is an actual Nine News Sydney presenting team for a bulletin or two over Summer!

Although they’re to be praised for establishing Pete, GG and Deb in that order as Sydney’s main three newsreaders, it seems that Darren Wick and/or Simon Hobbs have been making some rather unusual Sport/Weather/4pm News fill-in presenting choices lately…

4 Likes

Totally agree Sophie is a great young talent and hopefully one day she has a permanent presenting role at the network.

3 Likes

I don’t think Neil Breen is a great presenter but I finding Mark Burrows to be outstanding. A refreshing change from the standard newsreader you’d expect. He is very genuine and a story teller.

Belinda isn’t fantastic but she’s far from terrible.

thank Christ I’m not the only one. Him and Chris Reason on 7 ooze credibility.

1 Like

I was going to chime in last night and say Neil Breen’s presentation isn’t that bad. Glad I didn’t because his preview of sport before the first ad break tonight was a total f*&@ up.

4 Likes

Neil Breen completely lost for words during Sports Preview:

11 Likes

Saturday (07.10.17): Alison Ariotti is anchoring solo in Queensland.

Georgie Gardner filling in for Peter on Sydney News tonight.

2 Likes