Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I believe she wears it underneath her blouse/clipped on her bra…?

Wouldn’t that create a rustling sound every time she moved?

Andrew Lofthouse presenting solo in Brisbane tonight.

3 Likes

ABC’s Political editor Chris Uhlmann is joining Nine to replace Laurie Oakes, he starts with Nine in October.

8 Likes

CHRIS UHLMANN JOINS NINE

CHRIS UHLMANN has been appointed the new Chief Political Editor for the Nine Network.

With an outstanding record as a major news breaker, interviewer and commentator, Uhlmann is stepping into the biggest political reporting role in Australia, forged by the legendary Laurie Oakes.

Uhlmann is a Walkley Award winner, a leader of the Canberra press gallery and, this year, won worldwide recognition and praise for his television analysis of the dysfunctionality of U.S. President Donald Trump and his administration.

Darren Wick, Director of News & Current Affairs for Nine, said: “Chris is the right man to take on this responsibility and lead Nine into a new era, where unprecedented technological change has forced the rewriting of the rule book about how we deliver news and current affairs. He is a man of integrity, talent and possesses the hunger that drives the truly great reporters.”

Chris Uhlmann said: “It is a rare privilege to be asked to lead the national political coverage on the network which opened the door on television for Australians. I am joining Nine because of its long and proud news culture and I am excited by the prospect of continuing the tradition.”

Uhlmann joins Nine from the ABC, where, in recent years, he has had a major national profile as the Political Editor for ABC News, a role where he has achieved distinction among peers in the Canberra press gallery.

He starts with NINE in October.

9 Likes

I find Uhlmann rather stiff and ill at ease, and he sometimes looks rather lost. However, he’s much better than Mark Riley.

1 Like

His recent monologue on Trump gained global traction. Unsurprising that Nine wanted him, he has a national voice and could very easily become as high profile as Oakes was.

4 Likes

Wow didn’t actually see that one coming. I assumed they would have built up perhaps Lane Calcutt in that role. But a good get nevertheless

4 Likes

At least he’s gone from ABC now.

3 Likes

Fantastic raw and candid interview with Deborah Knight on Radio Today.

Talking about her career to date, from growing up in northern NSW to now.

Probably the most interesting but sad thing to listen to, was Deb being asked about her going from Ten to Nine.

“It knocked me for six! Why spend all this time investing in me, to be told your contract will not be renewed. It was a real shock, did not expect it”.

She said she was taken out to dinner, joking - she thought it was for a pay rise, to be given the news.

She also said she frantically rung around and Nine offered her a position within weeks, also in the middle of her returning from maternity leave and renovating her house.

Sandra Sully was not mentioned, nor did she mention it. She did say the Late News being axed was a factor.

Other highlights included discussing LA, Rome and Canberra, as well as “hating make-up” and radio fill-ins.

A down to earth woman, loved it :grin:

12 Likes

Deborah Knight was very good when she filled in on 2UE in recent years. I’ll have to listen to that interview. Thanks for posting about it.

3 Likes

The past two years she has been doing ABC Sydney Mornings Radio. In fact, she is presenting tomorrow.

6 Likes

Live Cross by Nine’s Tim Arvier shut down by South Korean Military officials.

6 Likes

Senior crime reporter, Simon Bouda, is stepping down from reporting.

3 Likes

DJ Petey O coming at you.

3 Likes

Not the first time that Peter Overton has filled in on radio news bulletins though. I remember him reading a week or so of morning news bulletins (and I think Jessica Rowe might’ve done some around that time as well) for WSFM several years back!

3 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports that Seb Costello will be back on air this week. He went MIA a couple of weeks ago but the report in today’s print edition says he was just having a “well-earned holiday”, after clocking up long hours covering big stories like the Barcelona terror attack.

4 Likes

As Ten’s golden girl, the head honchos were always going to put Sully front and centre. The surprising thing about Deborah being shafted was that she was happy to go back to reporting but Ten still didn’t want her.

She certainly fell on her feet.

7 Likes

It wasn’t until earlier this year that I found out how much of a massive asset she is to Nine. Brilliant move.

6 Likes