Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

It’s entirely possible he found what he witnessed at Barcelona confronting and asked for some time off to get in the right mindset again. Journalists are humans too and often have difficulties overcoming challenging or distressing situations, much like soldiers who can also suffer from PTSD once home from warzones. Paramedics and other emergency service employees are likewise.

I highly doubt a professional journalist would just go AWOL in Europe unless there was some trigger of distress.

8 Likes

Or he’s just on holidays.

2 Likes

Seb was last seen on air reporting from Barcelona on Sunday August 20 and on the Monday 60 Minutes reporter Ross Coulthart reported from Barcelona for Nine News bulletins.

3 Likes

Yep, the simplest explanation is almost always the correct one. Maybe he just had a special trip planned or other obligations and wasn’t prepared to lay down his entire life in worship of his job.

3 Likes

Nine insist he has just taken annual leave, citing a very busy workload lately.

Typical Herald Sun overreaction IMO.

4 Likes

Corey Norris presenting sport on First At Five News and Melbourne News tonight.
Clint Stanaway was hosting Netball coverage this afternoon.

3 Likes

I can’t concentrate on this bulletin. Georgie’s mic is way too distracting.

2 Likes

I just saw a report from Seb Costello (about a luxury car experience in London, complete with a rather cheesy PTC) on Nine News Sydney so he must be still at the network.

On the subject of GG’s microphone…

If I didn’t know better, I would’ve thought that was a loose band-aid:

8 Likes

Are we sure it’s not actually a band aid?

I thought it was but was just going along with the discussion. Still distracting.

1 Like

This report from Seb was probably pre-taped before his holiday, because why would he be covering this minor story when the main story out of London today was the two police officers injured outside Buckingham Palace which freelance reporter Chloe Bugelly did for Today Show this morning and Nine News tonight…
But l could be wrong.

3 Likes

If it is a microphone surely they would put it on the other side of her head so her hair hides it.

Georgia has had quite a few moles cut out. Perhaps it’s a bandaid from another snip.

3 Likes

I agree, if that “thing” on the side of her forehead isn’t actually a band aid, then it is a very peculiar looking microphone.

They should just go back to the old clip on one.

There wasn’t anything wrong with it - so why try fix something that was never broken In the first place?

2 Likes

Sunday (27.08.17) - Thursday (31.08.17): Belinda Russell presented Sydney weather.

1 Like

Is anyone else wearing the microphone on their head? Belinda or Erin?

Elizabeth Bryan presented Early News again this week.

1 Like

Not that I’ve seen…

Last night, Peter Overton and Cameron Williams had the clip on microphone.

I didn’t notice if Belinda did or not.

Belinda was wearing the clip-on.

2 Likes

Apart from community television and satire, has anyone in the history of television news actually attached a microphone to their forehead? Seems a little far fetched to me. The answer of band-aid makes more sense.

I had never noticed it before but going back through the last few years of youtube videos Georgie never has a lapel mic on. Obviously she has something on so it must either be a hairline one (they are very common in theatre and usually not noticeable at all) or something inside her clothing.