Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

So glad they’re finally using Rob Canning in a presenting role on Nine. He’s so much more polished than some of the talent they’ve used in the sport chair in recent times.

4 Likes

He has presented sport on the Morning and Afternoon News a number of times since his departure from Ten. Tonight, though was his first 6pm bulletin. IIRC, Rob is a sports producer for Nine, so his on-air reporting even, has been reduced in recent years.

So much better than Neil Breen, that is for saw.

4 Likes

Monday -

Morning News - Amelia Adams
Sydney Afternoon News - Amelia Adams
Melbourne Afternoon News - Brett McLeod
(Brett filling in for Alicia again this week)

Early News -

Monday - Wednesday -Sophie Walsh

5 Likes

Nicole on Weather for Nine Live QLD this afternoon.

6 Likes

Darren Curtis presenting the Gold Coast News Monday and Tuesday this week. Bruce Paige anchored solo Wednesday- Friday.

1 Like

Did Overton borrow a tie from Sir Les Patterson? There appears to be a few stains on it.

3 Likes

Airlie Walsh presented Thursday & Friday Early News this week.

Mark Burrows presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

1 Like

Should be the other way around to be honest. Some people are made for the studio and some aren’t IMO. Airlie is. Mark isn’t.

3 Likes

Chris O’Keefe was last night crowned the 2017 Coca-Cola Journalist of the Year at the 6th Annual NRMA Kennedy Awards for Excellence in Journalism.

6 Likes

Alicia Loxley is back presenting First At Five News & Melbourne News this weekend.

7 Likes

I don’t think there’s a better newsreader in the country than Alicia. Easy to listen to, speaks very naturally and doesn’t stumble over words. She deserves an evening weekday gig in a major capital city.

3 Likes

I have no doubt Nine News Melbourne has the best Weekday-Weekend duo in the nation. Peter Hitchener is still going strong and Loxley has authority and dependability, much of what Hitch has.

8 Likes

In terms of years of combined experience I would agree. But I do feel pretty strongly about Sydney’s team of Peter Overton and Georgie Gardner whom share a lot more of worldly experience. Both teams are both fantastic though.

As a Sydneysider born, living in Adelaide I honestly hope that the team Nine have here stick around for quite some time, as the 2 juggernauts on Seven won’t be around forever - and Adelaideians may look for something else.

3 Likes

Chloe Bugelly was reporting on Nine from London today. Is she freelancing or still contracted to Nine?

2 Likes

But that is only because of Hitch’s experience. IMO, Nine News Sydney has the best presenting and reporting team, collectively, and Pete and Georgie are both fine anchors with many years ahead of them. In Melbourne, Hitchener is great but I think having Jo Hall on weekends would strengthen the team (Alicia should be on Today).

I agree, Nine needs to stick with them. In saying that, I don’t think Nine have a ‘number 1’ team assembled in Adelaide. Frankly, I think even Ten’s is better.

3 Likes

She has been in London for 3 years now and rarely appears on Nine.

I’d say that she’s a freelance now that Amelia Ballinger has left Nine’s London bureau.

3 Likes

Speaking of Amelia Ballinger, has she returned down under yet? Haven’t seen her in ages.

No thanks. Would prefer Alicia on weeknights in Melbourne. Used to think she speaks too fast, but have warmed to her.

@nationalnews Brenton, Kate, Treders and Jess are a pretty solid team I guess, although personally I think it might not be at the standard of Seven presenters just yet.

In addition, I think Seven has a pretty good team of reporter-presenters (if you get what I mean) in Adelaide as well. I don’t think Seven should be that worried in terms of presenters when Jane and John leaves, but that’s just my two cents.

Elizabeth Bryan presented Monday & Tuesday Early News.

Deb Knight is back presenting Monday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

I have noticed this has been coming up frequently; removing Emmy from the team. IMO, Emmy was a great steal for Nine and possibly is the key for poaching any potential Seven News Perth viewers. I think Tim is the weak link, and Liam Bartlett should return to Perth and be appointed co-anchor.

Great to have her back on. Coming to think about it, perhaps in her contract, Deb has a specified number of hours that she presents the day time bulletins each year instead of permanent days. Remember in 2015, she was absent for about 4 months.

3 Likes