Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Those of us with eyes and ears will see it’s clearly not the same cross, just the same script haha.

3 Likes

Friday (04.08.17): Lara Vella is presenting the Early News

IMO, either Lara or Tim Davies should present permanently, as both always do a splendid job.

3 Likes

Tom Steinfort presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

1 Like

I would like to see Elise Baker have a go at presenting, I was also interested in seeing Dimity Clancy or Lizzy Pearl read too.

I personally like the Early News bulletin having diverse presenters we see some who have potential, it’s a good training ground.

3 Likes

I would like to see Amelia Ballinger or Laura Turner having a go at presenting, but I like some of the suggestions.

2 Likes

Tom Steinfort presenting Morning News.
EDIT: Opener was with the Sydney titlecard?

1 Like

Laura is now Melbourne reporter for ACA.A few years ago she occasionally use to read Melbourne News Updates and was impressive.
Nine has a lot of reporters who deserve a chance to read a bulletin.

5 Likes

I agree. I think Nine and Seven (to some extent) have some very capable reporters who deserves a chance at reading a news bulletin. Just from what I’ve seen so far…

Nine: Jayne Azzopardi, Sophie Walsh, Cassandra Wallace, Casey Lawrence, Tim Davies, Lara Vella, Airlie Walsh, Kate Creedon, Elizabeth Bryan, Danielle Post etc.

Seven (I think also has some capable reporters who show the potential): Freya Cole, Samantha Brett, Sean Berry, Matt Carmichael, Ryan Phelan, Alex Hart, Paul Kadak, Adene Cassidy, Angie Asimus, Cameron Price etc.

3 Likes

Darren Curtis presenting Nine Gold Coast News this evening with Penelope Liersch doing weather (4/8/2017).

2 Likes

Darren’s first time on the current set. As I predicted (since Carrie-Anne moved to Melbourne), Darren Curtis is Bruce and Wendy’s main fill-in. @ScreenTower , did you happen to record the bulletin? @TV.Cynic Do you have any caps?

BTW, Jayde Cotic has been on holidays for a few weeks now and Mia Glover has been presenting the weather.

1 Like

Justine Conway presenting weather in Melbourne tonight filling in for Livinia.

1 Like

…and also Darren’s first time in HD on Nine Gold Coast News, can’t forget that! :wink:

TBH, I’d probably prefer it if Nine used one of their good local reporters (like Mia Glover, Sam Cucchiara or Lauren Gianoli) to do some fill-in presenting for the Gold Coast bulletin whenever Bruce & Wendy are unavailable.

1 Like

Caps

There was an audio blooper during the weather - still not sure what was said - will upload video when I get a chance.

7 Likes

Brett McLeod is presenting in Melbourne this weekend.

2 Likes

Brett also presenting First At Five News this weekend, Alicia is on holidays.

2 Likes

Rob Canning reading the sport in Sydney.

3 Likes

When did he leave Ten / join Nine?

Many years ago now.

with bill woods, ronny dog and the 150-odd (or was it 100) staff at ten in 2012

3 Likes