Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Aside from people who you’d expect to like a Simon Hobbs tweet of the Nine News Sydney promo, it’s rather interesting how several people employed at rival media organisations have liked that tweet/promo.

Makes you wonder just how respected Peter Overton is not just among colleagues at Nine (whether in Sydney or elsewhere), but the entire TV news industry in this country.

3 Likes

I don’t think people need to like a tweet, for it to be known how well respected Pete is in the industry.

2 Likes

Dougal Beatty presenting the 4pm News in Melbourne this afternoon.

5 Likes

Belinda Russell has defended her outfit when presenting Sydney weather at the weekend.

1 Like

I noticed a Melbourne reporter wearing a similar top tonight.

1 Like

Nice to see Tracey Vo reading the late bulletin tonight as I channel surfed. She’s always come across as a really good presenter.

9 Likes

Adelaide Weekend Presenter Will McDonald has revealed to Adelaide Now that he has prostate cancer.

3 Likes

Kate Collins on Twitter.
Bloody terrible news.

12 Likes

7 Likes

I don’t regularly watch Nine’s Melbourne afternoon news, so if anyone here can help me out, what is the presenting roster for Melbourne’s afternoon bulletin?

I think I recall someone on here mentioning something about Brett McLeod doing three days a fortnight? So does the line-up change each week (like a Week 1 and Week 2 system)?

Mon-Tue: Alicia Loxley
Wed-Fri: Brett McLeod /Dougal Beatty

Brett does one week then Dougal does the following week,but if Alicia is away Brett fills in for her…

Monday 31 August & Tuesday 1 September-

Brett McLeod is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne filling in for Alicia Loxley.

8 Likes

Ah okay, thanks.

2 Likes

Just throwing this out there randomly, but I would love to see Nine snap up Mike Larkin to do weekend weather in Melbourne.

Mike could go back to general reporting. as well, or even radio.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. It is a real real big shame if he is gone from our screens entirely.

But whoever picks him up should let him continue to be on the road.

Mike would be good on a travel show - ie; Postcards

7 Likes

Of course people are entitled to a difference of opinion. But rather than Michael Thompson, I’d probably say the Peters of both Sydney & Melbourne have to be the best newsreaders Nine currently has on their books.

Well liked/respected amongst viewers and the industry - among employees of rival media organisations let alone colleagues at Nine. Peter Overton has even been promotionally endorsed by Brian Henderson (him saying “I Respect Pete. A Lot.” a couple of years ago has to be one of the best quotes from a Sydney TV news promo during the last two decades) and if he were still alive today, it’s likely that Brian Naylor would’ve done something similar for Peter Hitchener.

On the other end of the scale, I’d probably have to say that Andrew Lofthouse is one of my least favourite Nine News presenters these days. He was fine at the ABC and even the first few years at Nine, but essentially shouts you the headlines these days! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Wednesday: Kate Creedon is presenting weather on Sydney’s 4pm and 6pm news

6 Likes

New thread here