Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

At the moment, I probably wouldn’t compare Chris O’Keefe to Laurie Oakes. But in another decade or two, who knows!

Didn’t Laurie Oakes start his reporting career in state politics before moving up to federal political reporting? I’d be extremely surprised if Chris O’Keefe didn’t have at least some contacts in federal politics, given that Sydney/NSW is home to quite a few notable federal politicians.

I’d also imagine that most state political reporters would have some interest in federal politics and visa versa, since Nine used Laurie Oakes for state election night coverage on what surely would’ve been many occasions over the years…

Do you have to be old to be a good political reporter?

I think it helps, experience speaks volumes.

1 Like

Maybe if you’re a political commentator, not a political reporter. Anyway…

Yes and have a voice two octaves below Barry White.

1 Like

A new voiceover for Jonathan Uptin in Queensland which debuted yesterday.

6 Likes

So QLD are finally bringing back voiceovers for the 6PM bulletin?
That VO sounded good.

3 Likes

Sunday (24.02.2019): Garry Youngberry is presenting the weather in Brisbane.

1 Like

Lizzie Pearl is presenting Early News this week.

1 Like

Monday -

Sophie Walsh is presenting Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

Chris O’Keefe. I knew he looked familiar.

https://vimeo.com/47988255

5 Likes

Mark Burrows is reporting from Hanoi in Vietnam on the Trump -Kim Summit.

1 Like
1 Like

Hopefully people will taste before his shouting drives them away

1 Like

Not sure what has happened, but Sophie Walsh has taken over from Davina Smith on Nine News Sydney’s 4pm news bulletin.

2 Likes

Friday -

Corey Norris is presenting sport in Melbourne tonight.

1 Like
1 Like

I imagine it would have been very difficult for Georgie to say “Good Evening” seconds after Peter Harvey’s voice introduced her to the viewers…

4 Likes

Indeed. It was probably one of the most emotional opening stories to a Saturday night 6pm bulletin in the nearly 62 and a half year history of Channel Nine Sydney, with the emotion of Georgie (and probably every Sydney viewer who watched the bulletin live) quite accurately reflected in that “We begin with Breaking News and very sad news…” intro.

2 Likes

Deb acknowledged the anniversary of Peter Harvey’s passing at the conclusion of tonight’s bulletin and some vision was shown.

11 Likes