Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Don’t get too excited everyone. Maybe they will let Deborah have a week off and Mark will present all next week! :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks @SydneyCityTV :joy:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t see the appeal in Jayne Azzopardi. She isn’t a terrible newsreader/presenter as such, but I don’t think she is as good as what she is made out to be. Her bad habit of smiling while reading the news is something that actually annoys me. It doesn’t come across as professional.

2 Likes

Agreed. I can’t get past the smiling.

2 Likes

I daresay the voiceover track used for Jayne tonight was the one recorded by Matthew O’Sullivan which has been used for Nine News Openers whenever Jayne has presented national bulletins in the past (thinking back to 2015/16).

If I’m not mistaken, we’re now at the point that the only Peter Harvey voiceover tracks which can really be used anymore are the ones for Peter Overton, Deborah Knight and maybe a generic “This is Nine News” announcement.

When it’s decided that Harves’ VOs should be phased out for good, I think it would be great to see Nine News Sydney approach Brian Henderson to do the “This is Nine News, with [PRESENTER]” for the 6pm bulletins - the fact he did those promos last year is obviously a sign that Hendo is (or at least was recently) still in good terms with the network. But if Hendo VOs aren’t an option, Matthew O’Sullivan would be fine.

Jayne & Sophie presenting a bulletin together…now that’s pretty good! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think thats a fantastic idea, as with all V/O’s they become a bit outdated so this would be something fresh.

If they decide to update the theme, graphics etc, I think it would be great to remove his V/O where ever they are used now as its a bit limited. Especially the QLD one which sounds just a bit unprofessional since there is no presenter names.

2 Likes

I probably should’ve gotten to this earlier but Mark Burrows presenting on Sunday-Thursday for at least a couple of weeks is almost a certainty with Deborah Knight expected to do a stint of filling in on 2GB afternoons, isn’t it?

Presuming that’s the case, I hope we’ll get to see Jayne present Nine News Sydney bulletins on Friday/Saturday nights for at least a couple of weeks before normality returns in the weeks leading up to the start of the 2019 ratings season! :slight_smile:

Deborah’s already doing 2GB afternoons though.

1 Like

Who did sport in Sydney tonight?

Rob Canning.

2 Likes

Not the best idea. Nothing against Hendo but his voice just doesn’t have that sense of authority in his voice anymore. His voice has been iconic for 40+ years but it isn’t really as strong as it was today. If Hendo was to somehow do a V/O for Nine News, the V/O probably won’t sound as good as one wishes.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I entirely agreed with the idea of having Rob present Sydney sport while Cam (as the segment’s main presenter) was presenting A Current Affair, although I’d certainly prefer to see Rob Canning chosen as the presenter over Tim Gilbert or Neil Breen any day of the week.

Fair point I suppose (admittedly it may have been a better idea 5-10 years ago), but for someone who at the time was 86 he sounded OK in last year’s promos.

3 Likes

Just as Hitch does the presenter V/Os for the Melbourne presenters when he is absent, Overton should be doing them for the Sydney bulletin.

3 Likes

Brett McLeod presenting First at Five News and Melbourne News again this weekend.

1 Like

Jayne Azzopardi presenting Sydney’s 6PM news tonight.

4 Likes

So looks like Sylvia Jeffreys new gig will be weekend newsreader in Sydney!

1 Like

That would be great!

Alicia Muling presenting sport in Melbourne again this weekend.

2 Likes

Good to see Jayne Azzopardi presenting Nine News Sydney for a second night. Surely a vast majority of people on Media Spy have to agree that she’s way better than the reader Seven News Sydney has on tonight?!

Really? I would’ve thought that Nine News Sydney would want to distant themselves from the drama that has been Today over the past 12-18 months.

Putting aside my well known personal opinions about his presenting style, Mark Burrows would surely have to be the leading contender? Mind you, it does have to be said that I’d personally be quite happy if Jayne became Sydney’s new 3rd in-line presenter (even if IMO, it should’ve happened last year)! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Friday & Saturday -

Rob Canning presenting sport in Sydney.

Saturday -

Sophie Walsh presenting weather in Sydney again tonight.

2 Likes