Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Although I’m sure Deborah Knight did a more than adequate job of reading out the weather, it’s a pity that Nine didn’t get pluck reporter out of the newsroom to present the forecast. Surely they’re not entirely reliant on Amber, Belinda & Sophie?

2 Likes

I agree and I am actually surprised they didn’t. Davina Smith is probably my pick because she presented Brisbane’s weekend weather for a fw years and is associated with the Sydney audience. or Julie Snook (even though she should be filling in on the sports desk). Vanessa O’Hanlon could have done it too, potentially linking her local viewers to the weekend metro bulletin.

2 Likes

Not sure if it has been posted before. Alicia Loxley has revealed she is pregnant for the third time. She already has two young sons.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/gossip-queen-channel-9-news-presenter-alicia-loxley-expecting-third-child/news-story/93356378273c756586c00cfee013e3c5

4 Likes

Alicia’s baby is due in late March next year, most likely Brett McLeod will cover her maternity leave again.

2 Likes

Deb Knight is now on a well deserved holiday with Peter Overton back presenting in Sydney tonight.

10 Likes

Has this one been mentioned yet?

Sam Squires is leaving Channel Nine Queensland for family reasons, her last sports segment for the 6pm bulletin will be next Sunday. (Paywall alert for the article):
https://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/sam-squiers-to-leave-channel-nine-queensland/news-story/1dfe670724bf19fe7977edecfeb3c4b1

4 Likes

Sunday (07.10.2018) - Thursday (11.10.2018): Erin Molan is presenting Sydney sport again this week.

I think her child isn’t well; I seem to recall a segment about it on Today or Nine News Now.

2 Likes

Monday -
Sylvia Jeffreys is presenting Early News.

Mark Burrows presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

Livinia Nixon is back presenting weather in Melbourne today.

Clint Stanaway presented sport in Melbourne tonight.

2 Likes

Tracy Vo is presenting both 4PM/6PM and weather for Nine News Perth. Reminds me of when Kate Collins did the weather for Adelaide’s 6PM Bulletin too.

2 Likes

Who is replacing Sam at 9 sport weekends? Does it say…

Most likely Dominique Loudon - She presented while Sam was on maternity leave last year and if I’m not wrong she’s still the main fill in.

Loudon - that’s how you spell her surname! :slight_smile:

Tuesday (09.10.2018) - Thursday (11.10.2018): Gemma Gunning is presenting the Early News.

2 Likes

11/10/2018:
Melissa Downes is presenting the Afternoon News in Queensland.

2 Likes

Friday (12.10.2018): Sylvia Jeffreys presented the Early News.

3 Likes

Friday -
Sophie Walsh presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

1 Like

Friday- Mark Burrows will be presenting Sydney’s 6pm news

2 Likes

12/10/2018:
Andrew Lofthouse is presenting Nine’s Afternoon News in Queensland.

2 Likes

Oh no…

Presuming that she’s available, why can’t Nine use Jayne Azzopardi to fill in on Sydney’s 6pm news instead? She’s presented various fill-in bulletins before and has done a pretty good job IMO!

3 Likes

Second night in a row Bruce Paige has been solo on the Gold Coast.

2 Likes