Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I agree, was quite shocking!

5 Likes

Corey Norris presented sport in Melbourne tonight and Madeline Slattery presenting weather again this weekend.

1 Like

Darren Curtis returned to the Brisbane desk tonight.

You lucky people in Brisbane! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sophie Walsh presented Early News this week.

1 Like

How many times to I need to say this?

Unless they have to, Nine News Sydney most likely will not change their newsreading roster (one which I personally believe is modelled on what worked very successfully for them during the 1980s and 1990s) anytime soon. I for one won’t be terribly surprised if in ten years from now, TCN’s newsreader preferences are still for Pete, GG and Deb in that order wherever possible.

4 Likes

Mark Burrows is presenting Friday Morning & Afternoon News,filling in for Deb Knight who worked on Today this week.

1 Like

Mark is probably the equivalent of Chris Reason anchor-wise. He is very average IMO.

1 Like

Yeah, Mark Burrows is a great reporter (one of Nine Sydney’s best, if you ask me) but a rather average newsreader IMO.

2 Likes

Well why do you think he’s been a senior reporter for all these years and has never been more than a once a week anchorman? (used to do the Morning News on Mondays).
He’s perfectly competent to fill in as needed.

1 Like

Welcome Back Kyrrie! :tada:

8 Likes

@SEQTelevision Looking at Kyrrie’s LinkedIn profile she has started working freelance from this month,obviously tonight was her first shift back at Nine Darwin.

2 Likes

Great to have Kyrrie back on Nine News Darwin but please come back to national.

Both Mark and Chris bring authority to the bulletin, which is often missing these days. IMO, they are fine to fill-in on the daytime bulletins.

2 Likes

Montage of Kyrrie presenting Nine News Darwin: https://youtu.be/3OHUCjMIyVc

4 Likes

Should be co-anchors for Darwin.

1 Like

Seb Costello has been appointed Nine’s new European correspondent according to The Sunday Telegraph. He will join colleague Amelia Ballinger in London from mid-April, ahead of a May start on air.
It is certainly a rapid rise for Seb who began his career at Melbourne radio station 3AW working for Neil Mitchell’s morning show, before joining Nine as a news reporter (while also having a stint on Triple M Hot Breakfast) and now host of Suncorp Super Netball.

8 Likes

I thought Michael Best replaced Steinfort?

1 Like

His twitter indicates that. Maybe it was only a 6 month assignment.

Madeline Slattery presented weather again this weekend in Melbourne.

@JohnsonTV Good news about Seb’s appointment he is a great reporter and will excel in his new role.

3 Likes