Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I say the word and it happens. :wink:

Saturday (14.01.17) - Sunday (15.01.17): Samantha Heathwood is anchoring solo in Queensland this weekend making her 6pm debut.

I thought Airlie Beach was closer to Mackay than Townsville myself, am I right @NQCQTV2?

Good pick-up in any case!

Correct @SydneyCityTV

Airlie Beach is about a 1.5 hour drive from Mackay in Central QLD. It’s about a 3.5 hour drive from here in Townsville :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A quick google search would’ve told SydneyCityTV the same thing, in fact it probably did before he asked the question.

1 Like

I can see now that I am going to have to be EXTRA careful when making geographic statements here in MS :tongue: .

I started the whole “is Mackay in Central or North QLD” thing in the “Southern Cross Austereo Regional” thread last week, and now this!

2 Likes

Next thing it’ll be a v-eteran meme repeated here ad nauseam, like Townsville, near Ayr.

1 Like

Townsville isn’t near Ayr, Ayr is near Townsville. Get it right. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Deb Knight presenting Sydney 6pm News for another week.

3 Likes

…and the presenter who shall not be named after that incident is unfortunately presenting Sydney weather tonight.

2 Likes

How ridiculous. You don’t have to agree with the networks position with her still in her usual position given recent unfortunate events but Amber Sherlock has a name that you can and should use.

13 Likes

Seems like you’ve taken a personal dislike to Amber Sherlock as well. Just because she was involved in such a thing does that mean she doesn’t deserve a role at the network? Maybe removing her from NNN will be on the cards, but moving her from Nine News Sydney will create more instability for the network which will undoubtedly be hoping for stability right at this minute.

2 Likes

How immature. You really need to move on. Shit happens. She may have approached things wrong but ultimately she was just trying to do her job. We’ve all forgiven Karl’s drunken morning after the Logies, we can forgive this…

6 Likes

Gonna play the devils advocate here. Karl didn’t really hurt anyone for that show. Amber may have hurt Julie, we really don’t know.

But other than that I agree with you.

4 Likes

She did overreact and she admitted that…

I don’t think she deserves to be dropped from the weather presenting role for it though.

3 Likes

At the very least, I say good on her for still turning up to work and presenting the Sydney weather amidst all the mounting media scrutiny towards her - certainly showing her more professional side.

13 Likes

David Letterman revealed that someone had tried to blackmail him over the secret affair he had with an intern. Letterman was serverly embarrassed, coped an avalanche of criticism, and he apologised and he moved on pretty much career intact. Sherlock’s hiccup is a minor speed bump in comparison, and in a couple of weeks it’ll be in the past.

2 Likes

I don’t want to say that I have a personal dislike for Amber Sherlock, but I strongly disagree with the decision to allow her to present Sydney’s weather tonight.

That I will commend.

4 Likes

oh please! Julie is no angel

I am not saying that. What I am saying is she shouldn’t really be subjected to that behaviour from Sherlock.

1 Like

Tim Davies presented Early News this week.

1 Like