Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Go Kay! We all know where you belong.

2 Likes

Tom Steinfort is presenting Wednesday Morning & Afternoon News.

EDIT- Tom also presented Thursday & Friday Morning News.Interestingly Jayne Azzopardi hasn’t read any news bulletins this week.

1 Like

On the Gold Coast this week, Wendy Kingston presented solo Monday - Wednesday and Carrie-Anne Greenbank on Thursday. Bruce is currently off on holidays.

1 Like

Jess Rowe said on Studio 10 today that Peter Overton is on 6 weeks holiday.

3 Likes

That fits in with the tradition of recent years. So presumably, Peter Overton will be return to Nine News Sydney for 2017 on January 15 as he’s usually back for the 3rd Sunday of January.

UPDATE: Also, Deborah Knight will be presenting Nine News Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

And likely tomorrow night too.

Deb is probably one of the hardest working at Nine ATM. Rarely absent, works extremely well and does a great job IMO.

Agree. @Tom_TV7 As you know, Deb worked as co-anchor on Ten News at Five Sydney for a number years. I think she is very capable of anchoring Nine News Sydney in the future. In fact I think she is more similar to Peter Overton in her presenting style than Georgie Gardner is ( GG is more like Ian Ross, personally the style I prefer). You do say that Deb doesn’t have much personality or compassion when anchoring, your opinion I get that, but I say that Michael Usher is a good presenter but when reading about a horrific car accident where casualties have occurred for example, Musher seems very disconnected from the story.

6 Likes

Wendy was back on Friday. @TV.Cynic would you have a video of last night’s bulletin please?

Personally, I think that Deborah Knight is considerably better at compassionate presenting/reporting and banter than say…Michael Usher.

But there’s really no point debating this. Nine News Sydney obviously trusts all it’s presenters (and that’s probably a good thing), however for as long as she is at the network, Georgie Gardner will always be ahead of Deborah Knight for one reason and one reason alone: GG has been presenting TV news for longer than Deb has. That’s not to say that Deborah Knight isn’t a great presenter, because she certainly is. But it seems to be a cultural thing at Nine News Sydney.

Brian Henderson, Jim Waley and Ian Ross in that order were the three main choices as presenters for Nine News Sydney back in the 1980s and 1990s. Peter Overton, Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight in that order are the three main choices for Nine News Sydney these days.

Just as you rarely saw a National Nine News Sydney bulletin not presented by Hendo, Waley or Roscoe back in the '80s and '90s, you rarely ever see a Nine News Sydney bulletin not presented by Pete, GG or Deb these days.

3 Likes

I beg to differ. I actually rate her a better newsreader than Georgie.

Ten shafting her was one of many major mistakes Ten made but unlike Helen Kapalos, Bill Woods etc Deb hit the ground running and hasn’t looked back. Seven should have made a play for her when Chris Bath quit.

5 Likes

And I think that is one reason why Nine News is Sydney’s number 1. Consistency is very important.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Not a bad presenter, didn’t like her reading the headline stories. That christmas tree is annoying too, get rid of that too and the crappy looking studio while they’re at it.

1 Like

Thanks for the upload @TV.Cynic.

[quote=“killy06, post:1034, topic:148, full:true”]
Not a bad presenter… That christmas tree is annoying too, get rid of that too and the crappy looking studio while they’re at it.
[/quote] If they ever wanted to do a Saturday bulletin, I think Carrie-Anne would be very capable of anchoring. Don’t forget @killy06 that this is a local regional bulletin, so the talent is usually up-coming (or has-been for Bruce). And the entire Gold Coast team is better than QTQ’s 6PM weekend news presenters.

I do agree that the set is awful. I was just thinking maybe it is only temporary until Nine News Brisbane upgrades? They did have to quickly assemble a new set when the bulletin went to a double header given that the old set was tiny. Just a thought.

Two words - Sandra Sully

Mate, who did sport and weather?

@nationalnews Last night Erin Molan and Belinda Russell

1 Like

Because Ten needed a gig for Sandra Sully after making another stupid decision, axing Ten Late News.

5 Likes

Deb Knight also presenting tonight in Sydney.

1 Like

Mark Macgugan presenting sport in Melbourne this weekend

1 Like

As James Bracey joins Nine in January, should we expect him to read Morning/Afternoon News and 6pm Sydney sport occasionally?